Chapter 2 | Pokémon Fights (Hau POV)

I woke up and stretched before hopping out of bed. Flareon, Pikachu and Rowlet followed shortly after. I walked to the closet and changed before heading down stairs and seeing my grandpa Hala. He handed me some breakfast "thanks!" I said happily. He smiled. "You seem in a better mood than usual, mind telling me what's gotten you so excited?" He asked. "I made a new friend yesterday!" I said happily as Flareon and Pikachu ate their Pokémon food while Rowlet ate some wild berries. "Really? What's his name." Hala asked sitting down with me. "His name is Gladion! We're meeting up again today." I replied smiling. "Does your friend have a job?" He asked me. I nodded "he works with Guzma? Whoever Guzma is." I replied eating some food. Hala looked surprised "I don't think Gladion is a good person to be around." He told me. I looked at him "why not?" I asked confused. "Guzma is the leader of Team Skull, if Gladion works with Guzma he's most likely a member of Team Skull." He told me. I was surprised at what I was hearing about Gladion, was he really a member of Team Skull? "I'll have to ask him about it later! For now I can't really say nothing because I'm not to sure it's true." I said rubbing the back of my neck. He smiled at me "in that case, have fun. Remember be back before 6 alright?" He said as I grabbed my backpack "alright! Love you Grandpa Hala!" I said rushing out the door as my Pokémon followed. Rowlet flew into my backpack and Pikachu jumped on my shoulder as Flareon followed. I brought out Tauros and hopped on him after putting my helmet on, Flareon jumped on Tauros's back as we headed to the boat to Ula'Ula Island. We watched the waves move as some Mantine swam by us as well as some Finneon, Feebas and Wishiwashi. It was nice to smell the fresh air of the ocean. Once we got onto Ula'Ula island I returned Tauros to his Pokéball. After we got to a certain point in walking I came across some Team Skull members as well as Gladion. Was he really in Team Skull? I decided to walk up to him "hi Gladion!" I said smiling. He looked at me with one hand covering his face like usual, I haven't known him for very long but I can tell he does it often. "The hell is that?" A blue haired boy asked Gladion. "Don't know." Was his reply. "Really because he seems to know you!" The pink haired girl said angrily. Gladion shrugged, he really is in Team Skull... "if you don't know him how about you take one of his Pokémon!" The blue haired boy said. This is when I started panicking. "Take the Rowlet." The pink girl chimed in. "Why? We don't need a Rowlet. Guzma didn't ask for on." Gladion responded. "So you two are friends?" The boy asked. Gladion growled before sending out Lycanroc who howled upon leaving the Pokéball. Lycanroc growled at me, I sighed "I don't wanna do this..." I told them. "We don't care!" Said a greenish brown haired boy. I sighed "Rowlet!" Rowlet soon flew out of my backpack. "Rowlet use razor leaf!" I command, Rowlet did as told and used razor leaf, but Lycanroc didn't even move. He made no effort to dodge my attack... that's nerve racking because he seems fine like he wasn't hit with an attack. "Let's just get this over with... Lycanroc use Bite!" As he said that Lycanroc punched the ground making blue rocks appear before climbing up them. I gasped once I realized what he was doing "Rowlet fly higher!" I told him with worry obviously in my voice. Rowlet didn't move fast enough and got bit by Lycanroc. Why was Gladion doing this? I thought we where friends. Rowlet fell to the ground where I rushed over to him but three Salandit blocked me. "That's not fair!" I claimed with tears in my eyes. I'm going to lose Rowlet to someone I thought was my friend. "We're Team Skull! We don't play fair!" The blue haired boy said. "Lycanroc!" Gladion started. "Rowlet get up!" I shouted with tears in my eyes. "Use rage!" Gladion finished. As Lycanroc's eye changed red Rowlet got up. "Rowlet fly high! He can't hit you if you're high in the air!" I told him. Rowlet nodded and followed my instructions. As he started flying up the blue rocks for early where broken down from Lycanroc. Before Rowlet could get to high Lycanroc grabbed his foot and threw him through the remaining rocks. Once that was over Rowlet was thrown on the ground knocking him out. Just then Lycanroc's rage was over and he got dizzy, but he bit himself... and it knocked him out of confusion! "Lycanroc, retrieved the Rowlet." Gladion commanded. Lycanroc did so and picked up Rowlet before handing him to Gladion. Gladion looked at me and mouthed 'sorry'. I fell on the ground and started crying, I want my Rowlet back. Pikachu and Flareon cuddled up with me as Team Skull left. A few minutes later I got a text, it was an unknown number. "Meet me in the forest at the meadow with the lake in it." The message said, that was the same place Gladion and I are supposed to meet in a few minutes. Wait, it's been four hours. How long have I been crying here? I got up and started heading. Once I got there I saw Gladion holding something, his back was facing me so I didn't see what he was holding. "Flareon!" Flareon said in a angry tone. "Pika!" Pikachu said in a similar tone as Flareon. It appears Flareon and Pikachu growled at Gladion. Gladion attention snapped once this happened and he stood up and put whatever he was holding behind his back before walking up to me making Flareon and Pikachu get angry.