Chapter 46. Harry and Sirius Talk ☾

A/N: I am really sorry I coudn't update for a while...but here is the chapter :)

Once Harry got in bed, he was met by a very excited Dragon. The dog licked Harry all over the face and then the arms. Harry sighed and put up a silencing charm. The dog barked with amusement and then turned into Sirius.

Harry thought that Sirius would want to talk about the girls he had seen or maybe discuss who Harry wanted to take to the upcoming ball, but Harry was surprised by how his godfather started the conversation.

"Why?" Sirius asked, his face suddenly falling. Harry whipped his head back in shock.

"Why what?" He inquired.

"Why did you let this happen again?" Sirius questioned, seemingly lost. Harry sighed.

"If it makes you feel any better, Professor Snape argued much more fervently for my release from the games. I don't know why..." Harry started to wonder. Sirius quickly steered his godson away from that topic.

"It doesn't matter. Why would you be so willing to risk your life to not out Moody right here, right now?" Sirius suggested.

"Because I can't, Padfoot." Harry negated. Sirius shook his head.

"That answer's not good enough. Why?" Sirius continued to push. Harry rolled his eyes.

"Okay, say for a minute that I go to Dumbledore or Maxime or Karkaroff and tell them Moody is a dead Death Eater in disguise. What would be the first question they ask me?" Harry led. Sirius nodded in understanding.

"How do you know?" Sirius responded. Harry nodded.

"Exactly. How do I know? I can't very well tell them that I'm a time traveler. So, I would have to come up with some lie. However, any lie I come up with will not hold water when they investigate. Moody was careful. I can't just go up with accusations and weak excuses. I have to say I saw him, either on the map or in person. Neither is advisable." Harry reminded his godfather.

"I could think of something for you that could bare the weight of proof." Sirius offered. Harry shook his head.

"Say for a moment we do find a way and it gets me out of the tournament, I now have no clue what will happen next. Cedric could still die. In the position I'm in now, I know what will happen. I can stop death from attending the final task. Not only will I stop death, I will also raise enough money for the twins to open up their joke shop, which became invaluable in the future. The twins need the shop up and running by the end of the next coming summer." Harry argued. Sirius looked doubtful.

"You can find other ways to make this happen without putting yourself in danger." Sirius debated. Harry huffed.

"No, I can't. The dragon task made it obvious to everyone that I did not want to be in the competition. Fighting dragons is not my idea of a fun time, nor was it anyone else's. This started Rita Skeeter down her road to insanity that led to a later alliance. She started the rumors during the first task that 'Mione and I were secretly dating. That led to Hermione trying to disprove Skeeter, which led to her finding out Rita Skeeter was an unregistered animagus, which led to us having her under our thumb. This helped us get the truth out next year that Voldemort was really back." Harry explained. Sirius huffed.

"Well, then, can't you back out after the first event?" Sirius asked. Harry sighed.

"The next task is where something we would miss most would be taken from us. Truthfully, it was someone. Fleur's someone happened to be her sister. She had to drop out of the race when her bubble charm failed. This meant that her little sister would be left under the Black Lake after the time ran out. Remember how I said I took the song too seriously? Well, the song said we would not be getting our beloved thing back if we failed. I thought that the mermaids would kill the girl. So, I saved her. This led to an alliance between Fleur and me. We need that alliance later on." Harry explained. Sirius sighed.

"Okay, fine. Why do you need to complete the Third Task, though?" Sirius asked. Harry sighed.

"The final task was a maze that led to the cup. We each had to get through it to make it back to the arena. Once we were all in, we figured out that Krum had been Imperioused to attack us. He Crucioed Fleur and was about to kill her when I came along, knocked out Krum, and shot out flares for people to come find Fleur. After that, Cedric got caught in the Devil's Snare in the wall and almost died. I had to get him out. No matter what, the cup is still going to be a portkey that takes the person touching it to Voldemort." Harry continued. Sirius huffed once more.

"And why does that have to be you?" Sirius asked. Harry sighed once again.

"Because no one else will survive it. I know I do. As long as we stick to the original timeline as much as possible, we know that I come out okay. If Cedric doesn't go with me, I have less of an obstacle to take up time. Then, I can get back quicker and make it back to the arena in no time." Harry informed him.

"I guess. I just don't want to see you maimed or killed by some dragon, or mermaid, or dark lord. I can't lose you, Harry." Sirius groaned. Harry huffed. He could not tell Sirius about horcruxes, not yet.

"You know the prophecy, right Padfoot?" Harry asked. Sirius nodded. "Do you know it fully?" Sirius shook his head.

"The spy only heard part of the prophecy." Sirius muttered. Harry nodded.

"Well, Dumbledore heard all of it." Harry continued. Sirius seemed shocked at the idea, but then shrugged it off. Of course, Dumbledore would find some way to hear the whole prophecy concerning how the Dark Lord was to be defeated.

"I'm guessing he told you about it in the previous timeline." Sirius predicted. Harry nodded again.

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..." Harry recited. "I have to fight Riddle, Sirius. It's my destiny. If not now, then I'll have to do it some other time. I might as well continue on in the timeline the way I did before. It's my best shot at survival right now. One day will come when we have to change the timeline drastically. That day is soon. That day is the Third Task. Until then, we have to follow what we did before. I know it's rough, especially on you. I know you love me and want the best for me. This is the only way we can really truly defeat him, Padfoot. Are you with me?" Harry asked, his eyes going wide with the request he made. Yes, he was making puppy dog eyes at his godfather, but he knew he had to get Sirius to agree to helping them.

"I invented those eyes, and now you're using them against me?" Sirius inquired of his godson playfully. He grabbed Harry up in a bear hug. "I'm with you, Harry. I'll be with you until the end. I'm not going anywhere this time. There's no place I'd rather be than right here."

CHAPTER END
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT
LOVE, ESHA❤