𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

ROBIN WOKE UP IN A FOREST.

She had no idea where she was. She couldn't even remember how she had gotten there.

Was this a dream?

She pinched her arm.

Ow! That hurt!

She stood up and shook the leaves that clung to her. As she looked down at her clothes, she noticed she was still wearing the pretty dress.

This was definitely better than what she used to wear.

It was simple and comfortable.

She liked it.

Anyways, what was happening?

Oh yeah, she had just randomly appeared in some forest.

There were three ways to explain what was happening.

Number one: She was high. But that wasn't possible because she didn't remember taking anything. So the possibility was out.

Number two: She was dreaming. Lucid dreaming, because this dream seemed too real. She had done it before, why would it be different now? Maybe pinching her arm just wasn't enough.

There was only one way to test that theory.

It's said that yelling in your dream tells your brain it's time to wake up. Or, if you manage to speak out loud, you might wake yourself up. She had done it before, it should work this time.

"Wake up, Robin! I love this dream but this has to stop! Wake up, wake up, wake the fuck up!" She screamed at the top of her lungs, but the only thing it did was send some birds flying away, scared at the sudden sound.

She screamed for a couple of minutes, but nothing changed.

Maybe this wasn't a dream after all.

Number three: The last possibility, and the least likely of the three of them, was that this was real.

And then it hit her.

She had died.

She was dead, deceased, muerta.

She had died and somehow she had ended up in Middle Earth.

She remembered the strange dream she had (or was it really a dream ?) She remembered Gandalf and his confusing words.

"You were chosen for a very special reason. The future of our world depends on you; his future depends on you. You are the key to defeating the darkness."

Chosen? The future of Middle Earth depended on her?

First of all, why would anyone choose her? She was the last person in the world who could save people. How could she save a world, when she wasn't able to save herself?

And then there was this mysterious him that depended on her. Who was this person? And how could his future be affected by her?

There were so many questions and she had no answers.

But the most important one for the moment was the one repeating inside her head.

Where was she? For all she knew, she could be anywhere. There were many forests in Middle Earth, in which was she? She could be close to the Shire, or even Lothlórien. Hell, she could even be in Mirkwood. But then, this forest was very different from how she remembered Mirkwood (from the movies obviously).

This was definitely anywhere but Mirkwood.

Good.

She didn't have to worry about Elvenkings.