Island Fox Fears

It was a nice, warm day on my island as I sat there eating some type of fruit I'd found. It was tart a smooth, something relaxing for all the wreck I have had.

You see, most of us want to be around people like you, we don't mind. But after I watched my brother disappear into mist after walking to your kind, I never trusted my surroundings again.

After my breakfast, I decided to maybe give the world another try, and hopefully my last.

So I ran through a field, jumping over rocks and shrubs, sprinting like a wild animal. That is until I ran into one of those "feral pigs".

This was bad.

When you see a pig, there is going to be a golden eagle, and where there is a golden eagle, there is going to be a goner fox. So I did what a calm island fox would do, ran.

I kept running and running on loop until I made a stop, a sliver den,  perfect protection. There were also some scents of fresh food and water coming from it. It had holes on the sides but it was a shelter in the end!

"SNAP" the den door shut on me. Then I realized it was a cage, a human trap.

I whimpered for help. Clawing the cage and pacing in circles. Then, one of those humans came, next thing you know I'm in a "car".

I made a stop at a small little shelter area, full of foxes, island foxes like me!

This is probably where they keep us for now and feed us to the eagles later, I noted to myself. However, I was wrong! I spent the next few years in that place, I got a family, some kits, and my trust toward humans got stronger. I felt safe.

After some years, me and my family were put back in the wild, but it was better than last time. No pigs, no hawks! The humans must have helped us!

Before I exited to my freedom, I looked back at the human, gave it a wink, and speed off, like a wild animal.