the botanist/benji

Summary: Kenji Kon is the heir of Isla Nublar, and it's almost time for him to marry and take over the kingdom. But there's one problem, how can he marry a princess if the castle's botanist keeps giving him this weird feeling in his stomach. (Modern-Day Royalty AU)

"Kenji Kon!" His mother yelled for him excitedly. He quickly met at her location, to see his mother holding three different suits. One was black with gold designs, another just plain black and white with a yellow button up underneath, and the one that drew Kenji's attention the most was a monochrome pale-blue suit.

"Yes mom?" He asked, smiling at the shorter lady.

"Soon you have to have your ball. You know, decide who your better half will be. You're gonna need a suit." She smiled, whispering in Kenji's ear, "Especially if you'd like to win over any guy." His mom knew he was bisexual and leaned more towards boys, but he had never come out to his dad. And such a thought scared him. He wouldn't be disowned or anything of the sort, but he just wasn't ready.

"Moomm!" He cried out embarrassed, as one of the small castle workers walked in.

"Your highness-" He was looking at Candy, Kenji's mom. Kenji's eyes laid on him, and they made contact for a split second. "Uhm Miss, I'm sorry to interrupt I can leav-"

"Please, call me Candy. It's Ben right? You're the botanist?" She smiled, waving him into the room. He took a few steps forward, not wanting to be a bother.

"Yes, I am Ben, and the botanist..." He chuckled, meeting eyes with the prince in front of him. "Uh, Sammy has asked me to help prepare the food and drinks for the ball. We wanted to run it by you first." He smiled and her face lit up.

"Well of course that's fine! Oh and Ben, is there any way you could help Kenji prepare for the ball? Sammy and I talked and she said Yasmina's been teaching you some moves." She laughed. Candy has this kind of laugh that you can tell isn't fake, it takes up the whole room and you can easily forget about everything when talking to her.

Ben looked at Kenji, who was staring at his feet, and looked back to Candy. "I can try my best, but I don't guarantee I'm any good." Kenji's head perked up, as Ben was walking out of the room.

This will be interesting, they both thought.

.

Candy arranged that the next day, Ben would go to Kenji's room, wake him up, and they'd start dancing immediately. So, Ben walked up the grand staircase to where Kenji's room is and gave the thick door a light knock.

"Come in." A deep voice groaned. When Ben opened the door, he expected to see the heir with a woman in his bed. But it was quite the opposite. Kenji was laying in the dark, snuggling his thick duvet.

"Um, you're highness, your mom requested. I-"

"Kenji." the older groaned, shifting in his bed.

"Right, sorry, Kenji-your mom has requested that I wake you up so I can start teaching you as soon as possible." Ben smiled, trying his best not to make eye contact with the shirtless Kenji.

"Bruh, you couldn't give me like an extra hour of sleep."

"I'm sorry your mom told me to wake you up no-" Kenji had scooted over to the furthest side of his bed, patting for Ben to sit down.

"Kenji, I don't think I-"

"I'm the prince right, so you kind of have to do what I say." Kenji smirked.

"Technically, you've not taken the throne yet, so your mom's orders come first." Ben smirked back, standing up straighter in a pathetic attempt to seem tough. He went over to Kenji's closet and was surprised at the amount of casual clothes he saw. He threw a pair of sweatpants and a tank top to Kenji and laughed when it hit him in the face."I'm not getting you boxers, you're a big boy." Ben walked out without Kenji saying anything, and stood outside the door. Not even a minute later, Kenji came bursting through the door-still pulling his pants up.