Chapter 4

Krist watched in amusement as P'Sing fluttered around the room, picking things up and putting it back down. Krist thought he had seen all sides of P'Sing in the eight years they had known each other. He never knew that P'Sing could get this nervous. He was learning something new about P'Sing every day.

"Chill. It's not the first time you're meeting my parents," Krist called out as he finished plating the food. Neither of them even entertained the idea of cooking for the lunch with their parents. With three kids, cooking seemed like a waste of time and energy.

"This is the first time I'm meeting them as your boyfriend."

Krist hummed, smiling at the word 'boyfriend'. He felt so utterly ridiculous to feel pleased with being called P'Sing's boyfriend when they had been everything to each other for years. But Krist couldn't help the happiness that spread through him at that word.

"P'Sing?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want kids?" Unlike Krist who was open about his desire for children, P'Sing was a bit vague about the whole thing.

"You want more kids? Is three not enough for you?"

Krist choked on nothing. "Three is more than enough! I am just wondering about before..." Before Krist and the kids. "Do you even want children?"

"I've never really thought about it. I felt like it is something so far in the future that I can't imagine it." P'Sing shrugged.

"What about now?"

"Now... I can't imagine my life without Fiat, Pluto and Muffin. Sure, sometimes they drained all my energy and I go to work smelling like baby vomit... But when they smile at me and call me 'Papa'..." P'Sing smiled. This was a smile Krist had only seen since they got the kids. "I feel complete." P'Sing looked at him and Krist automatically smiled. "It feels like home."

"Sap," Krist teased.

"I know you feel it too."

Krist didn't deny it.

"Well, that's that. I'm going to get the kids ready." Krist smacked P'Sing's hand away when he tried to adjust the cutlery again, giving him a warning glare.

"Do you need help?"

"No. I want my kids to know there are more colours in the world other than black."

P'Sing stuck out his tongue at him.

Krist was trying to get Fiat into his clothes when the doorbell rang. He got distracted when Pluto crawled over Muffin and Fiat escaped.

"Fiat!"

Krist quickly grabbed both Pluto and Muffin and chased after Fiat.

"Grandma!"

There was a moment of silence where they just look at each other. P'Sing was still holding the doorknob and their parents were standing outside with a naked Fiat hugging his mom's leg.

This was an auspicious beginning.

Both his dad and P'Sing's dad were looking at his mom and Fiat in confusion.

"Surprise?" She said with an innocent look.

After Krist had successfully wrangled Fiat into his clothes (he didn't remember adult Fiat having an aversion to wearing clothes before), he joined his family in the living room.

Fiat happily crawled onto his grandma's lap while P'Sing passed Pluto to him as he sat down.

This was awkward.

And Krist didn't do well with awkward silence.

"So... P'Sing and I are dating. These are our kids, Fiat, Pluto and Muffin. We're also living together. Pluto just celebrated his first birthday and honestly, I think three kids is enough. P'Sing is very good in-" Krist stopped talking when Pluto, his baby boy of all people put his hand on Krist's chin.

"Da!"

P'Sing was snickering next to him and Krist could feel his face turning red. He turned and hid his face in P'Sing's shoulder.

"That's more information than I need..." P'Sing's dad said.

"Come on, Kit. Where is Sing good at?"

"Mom..." Krist whined.

"I don't like this!"

Krist jumped at his dad's voice. Krist noticed P'Sing paled and took his hand.

"Dad-"

"Not only that you're dating our son behind our back, but you are also living together and adopting children. Kids these days have no respect for the elders," his dad said and stood up.

Krist felt the prickling of tears in his eyes and he pulled Pluto closer to him.

"Dad! We didn't mean it like that." Krist stood up against his dad but the elder turned to face P'Sing.

"Where's my durians, Sing?"

"What?" P'Sing gaped.

"It's not legal yet but I do expect the dowry for my son before you go public with your relationship."

Krist's mom and P'Sing's dad were trying to hold their laughter but failing.

"Y-yes? I'll get them for you." P'Sing stood up as if he was going to go buy them right at that moment and Krist had to pull him back.

"Dad, stop teasing him."

"Who said I'm teasing. Monthong only, Sing." He pointed at P'Sing.

P'Sing nodded and Krist would have facepalmed if he wasn't holding his son.

"Are you done now?" Krist sighed.

"Do you have anything else you're hiding from us?"

Krist and P'Sing quickly shook their heads.

Lunch was an affair. P'Sing took charge of feeding Pluto and Muffin because they prefer their father more. Krist didn't understand why. P'Sing never complained when Krist fed him.

And that was what Krist did. P'Sing often forgot to eat so Krist made sure that he took a couple of bites in between feeding the children.

"You two are natural at this," Krist's mom commented.

"What?" Krist looked up to see all three parents were smiling at them.

"You are good parents. I still thought of you as my baby and looking at you with your children make me realise that you had grown up," P'Sing's dad said.

"You raised me well. And we have good kids." P'Sing smiled at Krist and Krist knew that this was it.

P'Sing was it for him.

The one.

"Marry me."

The table was full of choking and coughing for a full minute before Krist's dad smacked the back of his head.

"Why are you like this? Can't you be more romantic?"

"He took after you," Krist's mom said.

"Yes."

Everyone turned to look at P'Sing.

"What? Whenever or however Kit asks me, I'm going to say yes," P'Sing shrugged.

"And that's my son."