clingy

————————————————

"idk just recently ever since quarantine started she's been really clingy", that sentence played through your head the whole way home. You were currently driving with Dylan and you two were going back to your hotel room in Edmonton during the wjc.

The rules were strict within the bubble, teams couldn't socialize, no fans were in the arena and when there wasn't a game you both were stuck in the hotel room.

He was in the locker room talking with another teammate when you heard it, you didn't know what to do so you left the lobby and sat in the passenger side of the car.

After a few minutes he came to the car and got in, "hey sorry I didn't know you were in the car" he says laughing slightly starting the car and looking at you as you keep your head down focused on your phone with your arm on the center console keeping your head tilted away from him.

The ride was so silent you could hear a pin drop, once you made it to the hotel you got out and avoided contact with him until he got out and stopped you.

"hey hey stop" he says as he somewhat runs towards you, grabbing onto your arm and turning you to him "you okay baby you've been kinda quiet" he says as he moves his other hand up to your face and placing it gentle on your face with his thumb stroking your cheek, "i'm fine" you say with a serious face in an annoyed tone and getting out of his grip and going inside, you two get to your room and you take off your mask going to the bathroom and closing the door once inside you stared at your reflection as tears brim your eyes.

"am I good enough?", "am I too clingy?", "has he always felt this way?" thousands of questions crossed your mind as you were standing there and you were worried he wasn't happy anymore.

You came out and you were faced with a worried dylan, "y/n tell me what's wrong, keeping it to yourself won't make it better since we're basically stuck here" he says softly. You didn't want him to know you heard him so you just shrugged and said, "just a little home sick that's all" and walked away. That night you didn't want to be cuddling with Dylan so as much as he tried you just moved away.

———the next morning———

You woke up kinda early to an empty bed, that must have meant dylan was at practice which you were completely fine with. You figured dylan would find out that's what you were upset about but it just kept bothering you that that's what he thought, I mean I don't think I've been that clingy like for starters we can't even leave the hotel room sometimes so we're inside all the time. You decided to free your mind and take a bath, you got in the warm water taking it all in as you lay there with lit candles surrounding you.

You started to relax when all of a sudden the bathroom door swings open, "hey baby" dylan said as he came closer you didn't know what to do, he got so close.

Dylan made room for himself to sit next to the tub, "I brought you back lunch and dinner, it's in the fridge" he says stroking your arm gently. He started to tease you bringing his hand to your knee going up and down your leg. He knew exactly what he was doing.
——————————————-