SEVENTEEN

"What'd you do this weekend? You were MIA," Maria said, opening her locker and scrolling through the variety of textbooks

"Just a bunch of homework is all," she lied, ignoring looking into her eyes. She didn't want Maria to see the regret in her eyes. She hated lying to her.

"Damn. Well I was gonna make George take to the mall, would you wanna come with me?"

"Yeah I'd love to."

"Good, I'd have to deal with him alone." She slammed her locker shut and the sound of metal against metal echoed through the hallways.

Arielle shut hers soon after Maria's, leaning against it afterwards. There was still five minutes till class, and she didn't have to start walking for two or three minutes.

"You doing anything this weekend?"

"Um- I dunno. I guess I'll see as the week goes on."

"If not then I'll make George and Dream do something with us."

Arielle giggled. "That sounds great."

"Ok I gotta get to class but outside for lunch? I guess it's supposed to be nice."

Arielle nodded, watching as Maria quickly walked down the halls and into the small English classroom.

\/\/

Jack made his way down the stairs, his eyes trailing over the heads all of the students. They piled in the hallways, something that always stresses him out.

His eyes stopped moving as soon as they saw Arielle, smiling at something her friend had said. He smiled at the sight before looking away so he could focus his attention on not bumping into anyone.

He walked into the teacher's lounge and made his way to the copier machine, not getting there before looking at all the teachers inside.

It was mostly 50 year old women except for the blonde teacher Jack was actually pretty fond of. He didn't talk much and when he did, he was nice and funny.

"Morning Jack," he said, taking a sip of his coffee while watching him insert papers into the large machine.

"Hey Phil." He turned his head around, flashing Phil a quick smile before getting back to what he was doing.

Phil- or more widely known as Mr. Philza- was the only computer science teacher in the school (mostly because there were no other applicants.) Arielle personally didn't have any classes with him, but Maria did, and George did before her.