>| 3 |<

We finished dinner and that food was amazing. God tier almost. We were so filled me and Matsukawa were on the bed and could barely move.

"Should we start practicing the lines?" I ask him and he shot up, "I totally forgot about that!" He tells me and I laugh.
We grab our script and together started practicing our lines.
To be honest, Matsukawa said his lines cleanly and smoothly, I could tell how he was chosen for the lead part. Though we were just reading the lines, you could hear the emotion just from his voice alone.

Not to mention his voice was lowkey cute. You never heard me say that.

We sometimes burst into laughter because of how stupid and cheesy the lines were.
"Who the fuck wrote this?" Matsukawa asked and I laugh, "Iunno,".
We kept laughing and once we calmed down we continued the lines, but it was hard to not laugh the whole time.

"What is so funny in here?" Matsukawa's grandma said and entered the room.
"Nothing!" We say at the same time and hid the scripts, we were thinking the same thing. Our folks couldn't know about the play.
She chuckles, "Okay," and she left the room.

"If my grandma finds out I'm playing the lead in a ROMANCE play, she's gonna flip." Matsukawa whispers to me, "Same. But it's worse. My moms homophobic- not my dad but she is INSANELY against gay people." I tell him and he looks at me with a concerned look.

"Shit-," he whispered, "I know," I responded.

"Well, it's time you go against your mom."
He tells me, "What-? I'm not even gay I-," Matsukawa covered my mouth. "Don't try to lie to me, Takahiro Hanamaki," he says and laughed.
I smack his hand and looked away from him, "Sorry sorry, let's get back to the lines?" He said with that stupid charming smirk of his, "Whatever.".

We continued the lines but stopped at the kiss part. "Uhm- let's save this for the real performance?" I ask him and he nodded in agreement.
There were a couple more lines until the play ended, "God that was hell," Matsukawa complains and throws himself onto his bed, I chuckle and sit next to him.

"What are we gonna do for the kiss part?" Matsukawa asks me, "You better wear chapstick," I tease and he throws the script at my face. "I'm kidding, chill. But like I don't know. Just say it's for the play and we're best friends. But my mom's gonna contact the principal or something," I tell him and he nodded.

"It's late. You can just sleep on the bed and I'll sleep on the ground," he tells me and I nod. I wasn't comfortable sleeping next to him, it's not like it really mattered. We were close but not that close yet.

He takes out a Futon from the closet and I cleaned up his bed.
His grandpa came in, "Bedtime. Hanamaki your mom said it was fine, right?" He asks and I nod, "Yeah, she's fine with it.".
He smiled and left the room.

Matsukawa threw me a clean pair of grey sweatpants and a white tee-shirt, "Wear these." He tells me and I nodded.
We both changed in the bedroom, I mean we're both guys so it wasn't an issue.

The room was dark, the only thing lighting the room was the moonlight. We got tucked in and just laid there, looking up at the ceiling.
"Thanks for letting me stay over," I say to him, "Yeah, no problem.".

I got into my usual sleeping position and fell asleep.