Chapter Three: 'The Boss'

School. My personal living hell. I actually hate it here. I have no friends, no one I know goes to school. I think it's so lame how I have to, lame as fuck. I walk into the clean school, inhaling and exhaling. Met with stares, jocks who wanna smash, girls judging me for what I wear, people questioning why I'm even alive. Actually, that one's me.

First period is math. I have like 4 AP classes, I'm pretty smart, just lazy. Our math teacher is pretty funny but he's scary as fuck. He's also hella bipolar so he can be yelling at us one minute than cracking jokes the next. I sigh as I sit down in my seat. Eight hours in this place. Let's just see if I can make it to lunch.

Bzzz  "Ow, what the fuck!" I say out loud. Fuck, I'm gonna draw attention

"Is everything all right Lanna?"

"Uh, yeah everything's fine" I stutter out. I have a bracelet I'm forced to wear which can shock me at any time with Toby's control. It only shocks me when I do something wrong though...

I nod it off and try my best to pay attention. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...DING! And there it is. I rush out of the classroom and into the bathroom, immediately pulling out my phone to yell at Toby. 

One missed message: Toby                                                                                                                                             Bro, so sorry about the shock we have some visitors and one of them was messing with the controls, see ya when u get home.

What kind of immature do you have to be to push random buttons ?!  I let out another heavy sigh and go onto my next period which is English. Boring as fuck, it's an easy class and I have an A in there so I just daydream the whole hour. About my past and shit.

Time Skip: End of the School Day

The final bell rings at last, I stroll out of the school excited to go home until I remember I'm meeting "The Boss". I internally roll my eyes and continue my way to the car when I lock eyes with some boy. I didn't think much of it and started jamming to some SZA. That girl is a queen.

I pull up to the house and wait a second in the car to mentally prepare myself. Once I have the mental courage, I walk towards the mansion, taking my time of course. Benson opens the door before I can reach it myself. 

"We have guests Miss Lanna, please don't forget that." 

"I'm aware Bennyboy!" I giggle at him then continue towards the kitchen, hanging my backpack up on the hooks by the door. I make my way to the fridge when I see a sleek black figure move quickly towards me. I let out a shriek.

"Woah, chill mamas." I'm met by a pretty woman, taller than me by like 5 or 6 inches. 

"Who are you?" I ask, with a little more attitude than intended but that never hurt anyone.

"I'm Billie." She stuck her hand out to greet me and flashed a toothy grin. I avoid her handshake and walk towards the living room. I see the whole gang there chattering and laughing.

"Alanna, you're finally here!" Toby motions for me to come over. 

"Hi, I'm Alanna but you can call me Lanna." I greet the tall redhead man with confidence just like Toby taught me to. 

"Hello, I'm Finneas. Or 'The Boss', I hear that's what they call me around town!" He lets out a small laugh, similar to that Billie girls. I chuckle a little with him before him and Toby fall into conversation again.

I then look at my surroundings to see my lil family.