Chapter 71

It's November 10—approximately ten days after the last video—and Saturday, and about four pm.

And Sunshine's worried about Nolan.

Sunshine hasn't heard from him. Seen him, smelled him, any of the above, since Halloween. Y'know, since the big adventure happened and Nolan got dunked in the pool? Yeah, that.

Should she be worried? Sunshine thinks she should, but she's not entirely sure.

I mean, she just tried to call him and, low and behold, he didn't answer. So that's...a bit of a problem. So Sunshine has come to the conclusion that she's going to over to his apartment. Maybe talk to him? See if he's stuck under something or, uh, dead.

Even though he totally kicked Sunshine out last time. Ugh. Since she apparently brings ghosts wherever she goes. Yeah right!

Behind her, the lights in the kitchen flicker on and off.

Anyway, she's still going over. She's just been so distracted with her upcoming movie she didn't even really think about it. And now she feels bad, because what if something has actually happened to Nolan?

Well, she can't think like that. He's probably fine, maybe still a little shaken up from Halloween. But he's fine. He's good. She just needs to show that she cares.

Wish her luck.
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
"Alright," Sunshine says as she grips the steering wheel, driving through the residential neighborhood, Uncle Tommy pointing the camera towards her. "So, we are going to...find Nolan since we haven't really heard from him since—"

"Halloween," they both say in unison.

"It's weird, he won't answer texts or anything," Tommy frowns.

"Or email, or other forms of communication, um."

"Well, we're a little worried," Tommy admits.

"Yeah, so we're just going to his apartment because it's the only thing we could think of."

"Maybe we'll find him there."

Sunshine sighs. "I don't know. I—"

"Is that—?" As they pull near the house, Tommy shifts forward, narrowing his eyes. "Is there somebody looking in his window?"

"That's really weird," Sunshine says. The person is tall and has brown hair. "And kind of creepy."

"I think it's time to open up a can of whoop-ass."

Sunshine raises a brow sarcastically. "I'm a little tired, I don't know if I can handle it."

"No, I meant me."

"Oh. That makes more sense."

"Let's go see what's going on." Tommy hands the camera to Sunshine and they both exit the car.

"Hey!" Tommy immediately snaps.

"Oh—" The person turns. He has fluffy brown hair and a beard, and is wearing a gray shirt, a black jacket, and maroon pants. "Sunshine! Tommy! Can I call you Uncle Tommy?"

"Who the hell are you?" Tommy demands.

"Who are you...?" Sunshine asks.

"Sorry—I'm Nolan's brother, Colin."

Uncle Tommy pauses for a moment. "Nolan has a brother?"

Sunshine just stares, hardly able to believe what she's hearing.

"...yeah. He didn't tell you about me?"

"No," they both say.

"Okay. Well, I haven't seen him for, like, weeks, and—" Colin nears the window and shrugs. "I don't see any sign of him, it looks like he hasn't been here, so I don't even know what's going on—"