Chapter 2 (The Sorting Hat)

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" a loud voice thundered. It was Professor Albus Dumbledore. Echoes, cheers and claps shook the hall.
"As you all know, Hogwarts is a magical school for young and talented witches and wizards! Here our students are sorted into four main houses, Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin! We shall now begin the sorting ceremony!"
Professor McGonagall came forward on the platform, next to a chair with a weird looking hat. It was the sorting hat.
Mcgonagall pulled out a long parchment paper from her sleeves and unrolled it to read the names on the list. After some time,  McGonagall called at a young pale-looking witch, "Ruby Collins".
The girl came forward, looking at the hat in terror. She sat down on the chair and professor Mcgonagall placed the hat on top of her. The hat took some time to answer, but had no trouble choosing her house. "RAVENCLAW" The hat screamed. There were many cheers from the Ravenclaw table and the other houses.
The girl was shy, and hid her blue-grey eyes with her soft black hair. She slowly walked over to the Ravenclaw table and sat down next to two other newly sorted girls, Charlotte Murphy and Emma Brown, sister to Lavender Brown.
Harry noticed something strange about her, she was wearing a redd-ish looking amulet on her neck, that seemed to glow every time she touched it. But Harry quickly dismissed any thoughts he had and continued his conversation with Hermione.
After the feast ended, Harry Hermione and Ron went up to Gryffindor Tower to get their things sorted out.
"Hey, did you notice anything strange about the new first-year girl? Ruby Collins?" Harry asked Ron and Hermione.
"No, nothing very peculiar." Hermione answered.
They sat in silence for a few minutes.
"Alright, it's getting late, I better hurry up to bed." Hermione announced.
"Good night" The boys replied in unison. She excused himself and went up to the dormitory.
"Well, i'm going to sleep too, good night Ron."
"G'night mate." Ron replied.
Harry pulled on his pajamas, tucked himself in bed and tried to sleep, but something just didn't feel right.
He knew it wasn't going to be a normal year at Hogwarts at all.