Chapter 29

This Chapter is dedicated to TomiGrace_xx for being such a vibe. Also, Don't forget to hit that Orange star 🌟 and vote! There is an important announcement in the author's note below. Please read it.

****

"𝑯𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒖𝒏𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆."

_𝑻𝒊𝒏 𝑴𝒂𝒏_

𝔼𝕃𝕐𝕆ℕ

"...A modern Legislature is either Bicameral or Unicameral. Now, a Bicameral Legislature or Bicameralism is..." I trailed off again, looking away from Mr Kohol who was standing in front of the class taking us on our final revision before our Last paper, Government, tomorrow. Every other fraction was done with their exams except Art.

We have been doing our mock exam for almost two weeks.

And it has also been two weeks since my relationship with Jamal took a dramatic, drastic and painful turn.

... that obsession, that compulsiveness, that hero complex attitude is useless because you are not helping...

... It's Aggravating! Maddening! Sickening!...

I flinched as those words replayed in my mind, sinking further into my seat, feeling tears well up in my eyes which briskly cleaned off. I promised myself I wouldn't shed a single tear after the torrent that flowed in the Art studio that day.

Don't cry, Elyon. Don't you dare cry.

Those words that Jamal had uttered was all it took for everything to come crashing down. Never for once did I imagine Jamal saying things like that to me. Those words have been haunting me for the past two weeks; at night and even in the exam Hall since Mock started. It was almost like I was loosing my mind.

I have been trying to think of something else, busy myself with reading for the upcoming finals but my mind would always stray away, replaying those hurtful words, over and over again. From someone else, those words wouldn't have done so much damage, but from Jamal, they were like knives piercing every parts of my skin.

Ever since I walked out of the art studio that day, I haven't seen Jamal. I didn't know whether he was avoiding me or it was the other way around. All I knew was that I made to go to school on my own everyday, leaving Venus to go with the Bamidele's. I didn't want to be around him, or Skye.

I was still very much shocked at what Skye said to me. She was supposed to be my best friend, come through for me at a time like that, not spiral the entire situation out of control. I would have taken anything from her, any form of insult, as her having her brother's back but what I didn't expect was for her to indirectly accuse me of cheating on Jamal.

Me? Cheat on Jamal? How low does she think of me?

Mateo on the other hand couldn't hide his guilt and I couldn't avoid him because we were classmates. Honestly, I don't blame him for what happened but I don't want to be around him either.

Somadina and Vanessa knew what had happened but they made sure to stay clear of our drama. They didn't want to pick sides and I honestly appreciated them for that.

All in all, things were not looking good and I had this feeling that they wouldn't for a very long time. And I couldn't help but feel I caused it all.