Her Eyes | Dahmo ver.

They walked down the beach together, fingers intertwined, their arms swinging back and forth slightly. Momo walked slightly ahead of Dahyun so that she was able to observe her sundress billow in the ocean breeze and her dark hair flow as if it were under water. They were bare foot, feeling the sand between their toes and the cool water as it rushed back and forth with the tide.

Dahyun wondered for a moment where they might be going. She looked ahead, past Momo to the end of the beach a few hundred meters away. There was nothing there but rocks and a cliff that dropped steeply into the ocean. The sun was setting, and it was getting cooler. If they continued to walk toward the cliff like this, it would be dark before they reached the car again. They really should turn back. But Dahyun didn't say anything.

She looked back to Momo, her mind going blank. If it was with Momo, Dahyun would go anywhere. So, consequently, she lost interest in figuring out where they were going and instead closed her eyes.

She focused on feeling. Feeling each individual grain of sand on the soles of her feet. The direction of the cool wind as it ruffled her hair and seeped through her clothes. The softness of Momo's palms encasing her own. Feeling the total trust, she had put in the older girl rush through her.

Dahyun let her mind slip away from reality. She fell into a trance filled with the sound of a piano. She wasn't sure why she would hear a piano while walking on the beach, but she did. It was playing a piece in a major key; a high register; there were a few flats and sharps... the key could have been E major. The notes seemed sporadic. There was no specific melody that she could decipher, and the harmony was simple, played with the left hand, one finger at a time. She didn't understand it at first. But after a while, her thoughts were broken by the voice of her lover.

"Dahyun-ah." She said, and Dahyun opened her eyes. "Look."

Dahyun supposed she was supposed to follow Momo's gaze. Her head was turned to the horizon, the setting sun gleaming in those eyes. Her lips were slightly parted, and she began to speak again.

"Do you see that?" She asked, her free hand that wasn't holding Dahyun's pointed, but Dahyun couldn't tear her gaze from her girlfriend's profile. Couldn't tear her gaze from her eyes.

She supposed the piano piece made sense to her.