Chapter 12

Why does TBS look so good-

It took you ages to find Newt, he wasn't where you had last seen him in the homestead, gardening or in the kitchen. But he was somewhere you really should have checked first, next to Alby. Of course he would be there, they're best friends.

"Newt?" You called out walking into the hospital wing.

"Yeah?" Newt answered coming out of Alby's ward. You took once quick and unnoticeable glance at Alby then back to Newt.

"We found something." You said showing Newt the needle in your hands.

"What is it?" He asked, he took it from you hands and started spinning it in his.

"I don't know." You sighed pointing at it, Newt looked up at you without tilting his head in any way. "It came up with Teresa."

"Well if it came up with her we definitely should get rid of it." Newt said as if Teresa wasn't stood right in front of him.

"Have you looked at the letters?" You asked.

"Yeah, and remember these bloody bastards put us here and made the grievers." Newt responded. "What if it does worse to Alby?" Newt said pointing to the boy in pain, "This could kill him y/n."

"Newt he's already dying." Thomas said joining the debate. "Look at him. How could this possibly make this any worse?"

Newt took another glance at the struggling boy.

"Come on its worth a try." Thomas pleaded.

"All right. Do it." Newt sighed passing Thomas back the needle.

Thomas almost tripped over himself as he approached Alby, he pointed the needle towards him as if it was a guiding him to Alby who was practically suffocating.

Thomas spun a cap off the needle and a split sound of metal hitting the ground echoed around the small room. Thomas leaned forwards as if his eyes had picked a target where he would push the needle into Alby's skin. Thomas looked back at you all as if he wanted to check there were no objections to what he was about to do. For a second it was as if Alby was looking at Thomas. 
It happened too fast, Alby had grabbed Thomas's neck and shouting the same words over and over. 

"You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't be here!"

Everyone flew forwards to pull Thomas off Alby, your main focus was the needle. The four words got louder as you looked around for it, then you saw the flash of silver sticking from Alby's bed. You grabbed it and took a quick look at the scene. People were grabbing Alby's arms back, Alby was pulling on Thomas's shirt. You struck the syringe deep in Alby's side. Making him pass out. 

"From now on." Newt said between taking deep breaths. "Someone stays and watches him around the clock.

It was all silence until Gally appeared from around the corner. "Hey." He said calmly catching your attention. "Sundown Greenie. Time to go."

Thomas sighed and followed Gally from the hut, leaving a look to Teresa, almost to tell her it would be okay while he was gone. 

You looked back at Alby, he had become so calm. It was as if he hadn't gone and tried to kill Thomas. 

Thank you for reading! That was 558 words! I hope you enjoyed and the next chapter will be released as soon as i can!