4. Daddy Issues

"Dad?"

"Millie, I was expecting you. I hear your mother has gone missing."

Millie blinked, her mother. Not his wife, or even Liana, but her mother.

Was that really all she was?

Millie scoffed. She obviously wasn't here, and her dad, whether or not he could help, was a dick. And she didn't want his help.

"I have contacted the authorities, people further than this little Island's sheriff station. They said we have to wait 48 hours before filing an official complaint of a missing person, so I'm afraid I'm helpless until tomorrow." He explained calmly, leading her to sit in his living room.

"Great. I'll see you tomorrow then." She replied, turning around and walking out.

"Millie! You do not walk out on me!" He yelled suddenly, getting up from his sofa.

Her dad did this often, and Millie always prayed she wouldn't have to be there for it. It was one of the effects of being an alcoholic. He would feel all happy and calm one moment, and the other he would be up, screaming and hitting them for as long as it took for him to calm down.

"What? So I can't walk out on you like you walked out on us?" Millie couldn't control herself, and it was completely true.

Richard Davis deserved to know how big of a dick he was.

"Talk to your father with respect you fucking bitch! I should've known you would end up like this. Like your mother. Good thing she's gone now!" He yelled, starting to close up on her until she was backed up against the door.

"You don't mean that." She whispered lowly.

"Get the fuck out of my house. And don't even think of ever coming back again. You are not my daughter. And certainly not my responsibility." He whispered, just as soft yet so much more powerful than her.

He straightened his tie and left without a word, leaving her to silently sob all the way back to her house.

♕♕♕

She stayed at home for the rest of the day, any motivation to get up and find her mother gone.

The tears had stopped by now.

Her family really was gone.

Millie didn't know what she was expecting when she went to her dad's, if she could even call him that, house. He basically told her to forget about him, because he'd already forgotten about her. And nothing she could do would ever change that.

Now she was all alone. She had Diego, sure, but it was only a matter of time before he went off to college, it was his dream.

She heard a loud knock on the door, automatically releasing that as much as she wanted it to be Diego, it wasn't. He would have the key and if he was drunk enough to forget that, he would knock softly, or literally just break in. Their door was always open.

"Come in, it's open!" She yelled, not bothered to get up and actually open the door.

And in came the pogues, holding a part of her mother for her.

Her anklet.

The anklet her father had gifted her mother on their first anniversary, she had heard the story a million times. It was a romantic date on the beach, and it was worth noting they had went home and well, made Diego that night.

Millie got up from the single soca in the middle of her room and confronted Pope, who was holding the jewellery.

"What the fuck!? Where did you get that!?" She yelled as Pope calmly handed her the anklet.