Chapter 9

" I went to the rug house and worked on my rug for many hours. I soon felt a pounding headache, I was in a lot of pain. My father once told me not to drink or eat sugary things when you have a headache because it could make it worse, therefore when Bamsi Bey and Hafsa Hatun's young daughter Aslihan came and lay down a glass of sharbat, I didn't drink it. Soon, the pain of my headache was too much to handle and decided to go on a long walk so I can exercise and feel better. I told this to Aslihan Hatun and she told me that I should get as much fresh air as possible and maybe even take a ride on my horse. I then noticed the glass of sharbat lying at the foot of my rug, and I decided to offer it to Aslihan Hatun so that it would not be wasted. Aslihan Hatun was grateful, and I was on my way. That is all I know, I did not make this sharbat, and I did not even touch it. As far as I know, Hafsa Hatun, your own daughter is the most likely suspect" Fatma explained. Hafsa Hatun pulled out a dagger and was about to pierce it into Fatma's shoulder but Fatma grabbed Hafsa's dagger and flipped it around and pressed it against Hafsa's throat. She then let go and told Hafsa " Hafsa Hatun, herkes haddini elbette bilecek!". Hafsa Hatun spat in Fatma's face and Fatma pushed her away, almost causing Hafsa Hatun to fall to the floor. " ENOUGH!" Halime Sultan yelled. " Halime sultan is right, everyone calm down!" Ertugul added. " Bamsi, Hafsa, Fatma's story is more detailed than yours. Defend your daughter against the claims made by Fatma if you have any dignity!" Hayme Ana yelled. " First let's ask Fatma Hatun why she claims that my innocent daughter Aslihan is the most likely suspect?". Fatma rolled her eyes slightly and looked at everyone in the room. " Everyone listen, here is why I make that claim. Bamsi Bey and Hafsa Hatun's daughter is the one who prepared the sharbat and voluntarily brought it to the rug house, no-one else touched the sharbat except her. She is the only one who could have added poison to any of the glasses without anyone noticing, and she also went to the Pazar this morning with Aybars and an alp. Perhaps she bought the poison from there?". " Fatma makes good points, Now we must see if they are true" Halime added. " Hafsa Hatun, Bamsi Bey, call your children Aslihan and Aybars" Ertugul Bey ordered. After a long 4 hours of questioning many witnesses, it was declared that Fatma Hatun was innocent and Bamsi and Hafsa's daughter Aslihan was guilty. Aslihan was forbidden from leaving the tribe and was constantly supervised by 2 alps from now on. She was also not allowed to carry weapons. There was peace in the tribe. For now at least.

At dinner that night, Fatma Hatun walked into the tent and sat down. Everyone was pleased with her, Ertugul bey said to her " Güzel kizim, you have proved your bravery, strength, and wisdom once again, mashallah". Fatma Hatun stood up and kissed her uncle's hand. Hayme Ana smiled lovingly. Selcan Hatun and Halime beamed at her. Savci and Osman cheered. Just at that moment, Gunduz walked into the tent. He locked eyes with Fatma and smiled at her. Fatma blushed and smiled back. Gunduz Alp sat opposite Fatma but just a few moments later Ertugul Bey teased him " Gunduz'm, come sit next to me, far away from Fatma, so that you are not distracted by her and you will actually look down at the food you eat". Everyone laughed. Gunduz yelled " Baba! stop embarrassing me". Fatma smiled and said to Gunduz " Is that not his job Gunduz Alp?". Gunduz smiled at the sound of Fatma's voice. 

After dinner, Gunduz saw Fatma walking towards the tent she shared with Selcan Hatun. He walked up to her and they both stopped walking once their eyes met. " güzelim, I just want to kiss your hand and hug you as tight as I can. I love you, Fatma. I always will". Fatma lowered her gaze and smiled at the floor. " Why do you look away from me, güzel meleğim?" Gunduz asked. "benim sevdiğim Adam sen Gunduz, but we cannot meet like this. Let our elders arrange our marriage first" Fatma explained. " I cannot bare to be away from you Fatma" Gunduz explained.He clutched Fatma's hand but just at that moment Fatma pulled her hand away and ran to her tent. Gunduz sighed. Gunduz looked back and saw Ertugul Bey staring at him like a hawk. Gunduz chuckled nervously and went to his tent. 

A/N: sorry if some parts don't make sense, let me know if you enjoyed this chapter!