~ chapter . one ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

[ Rantaro's P.O.V ]

"Alright, alright, settle down, class! I have an announcement to make!" Usami, our teacher, said as the whole class calmed down. "We have a new student arriving today, who should be here in just a couple of seconds!"

As if on cue, the class door opened revealing a boy with dark blue hair wearing somewhat of a pinstripe suit and a hat which almost covered his entire face. He looked shy, sweet, and - honestly - pretty adorable. Closing the door behind him, he walked inside.

"Why don't you introduce yourself to us, mister?" Usami asked him, being as polite as always.

"Ah, I-I'm Shuichi Saihara, t-the Ultimate D-Detective," the boy stuttered, pulling his hat down to cover his face. "N-nice to meet you."

"Ooh, detective? Just like your upperclassman miss Kirigiri! Well, nice to meet you too, Saihara! You can go sit between Amami and Ouma. Both of you, please raise your hands for him!" Just like Usami said, Kokichi and I both raised our hands. I decided to take a look at Kokichi, and as I did so, I could see literal hearts in his eyes. Damn, is he already in love with - 'uh, Shuichi? Ah, yes that's it!' - Shuichi?

As Shuichi walked towards us, I was able to see him with more detail. He had pretty feminine features, as well as golden-ish colored eyes. His eyelashes were a bit long, but not too long.

"Ooh, I must have Nagito's luck today! The new student gets to sit next to me, and he's also handsome? It's just not fair for you guys, well except for me of course, nishishi!~" Kokichi said once Shuichi sat down, laughing his iconic laugh.

"H-huh?! I-" Shuichi started, obviously flustered, but I cut him off.

"Don't worry about him, Saihara. Ouma's...just like that someti- actually he's just always like that," I said, with a slight laugh. Shuichi turned around to face me, and I could tell he calmed down a bit. "Oh, I haven't properly introduced myself, have I? The name's Rantaro Amami. I'm the Ultimate Adventurer-"

"Hey, you can't be the only one to introduce themselves to him! I'm Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader!" Kokichi interrupted. Shuichi immediately became confused, I could tell by his expression, and I couldn't blame him. That was everyone's initial reaction when they met Kokichi.

"Ultimate...Supreme Leader? H-how-" Shuichi began to ask, maintaining his confused expression, but was cut off by Usami.

"Hey hey, just 'cause there's a new kid doesn't mean we don't have to learn! Everyone, please turn to page 394!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A/N: Sorry this is kinda short, this is my first ever fanfic of any kind! I just gotta say I hope you're enjoying this so far, and I also hope you got that reference at the end!