Chapter 4: Eduardo

(1926)

30-year-old Edwin, was in charge of pulling the first express train of the Furness Railway, his anxiety levels were through the roof as he feared he might screw up pulling his first express train. 

"Just relax, Edwin." Smiled his driver, I'm sure you'll do fine. "

"I hope you're right, driver." Edwin moaned. 

Just then, Edmund came racing up to him!

"EDWIN! EDWIN! Guess what? A new K2 is going to be built!"

"Really? What are they gonna name him?"

"They want you to name the new K2." Edmund huffed.

"Me ?! Why me?"

"Because you're our new leader."

Edwin followed Edmund to the works, to find a young K2 on a siding, painted in Furness Railway red, and a number 125 on his cab.

"So, what are you going to name him?"

"I'll name him, Eduardo. In memory of my twin Edward."

(1940)

Years had passed, and things were not going well for the Furness Railway. They were grouped to the London Midland Scottish Railway, but it forced them to all separate. Edwin had found himself in the scrapyard; cold, lonely, and miserable. He wanted someone to notice him, but something had stopped him. Edwin heard a puffing sound, it got closer, and closer, and closer. Edwin opened his weary eyes to see what it was.

Standing in front of him, was a blue tender engine who was roughly the same size as him, he had a number 2 on his fowler tender, and had a face that looked very familiar.

But Edwin took a good look at his two eyes, It was something he had seen before. Something that he hasn't seen for many years. He recognized that light blue eye anywhere.

Realization struck him as he gave a small gasp. Edwin let his jaw drop to the ground before he manage to utter a word.

"E-Eddie?"