Fate

Sun wafted through the curtains of your room as you woke up. Sitting up you grabbed your phone off your nightstand checking the time. 6:02 am. Man six am feels way too early sometimes, you thought as you got out of bed. 

Walking towards your closet you pulled out your uniform and got changed. 

-

The air in the cool may morning was nice as you walked along the busy streets of Tokyo to get to school. 

“Hey! Y/N!” Someone yelled from behind you. You turned your head spinning around to see who called you. 

“Oh, morning Kuroo.” You said facing the tall black-haired boy in front of you and his quiet reserved friend. 

“Heeeyyy. So are you and Kenma in the same class? He won’t tell if you guys are.” Kuroo asked walking alongside you. 

“Nah we’re not. Would have been nice if we were though then maybe I would have one friend to talk to.” You said looking back at Kenma who was intensely staring at his PSP. 

“Well, I can keep you company Y/N don’t worry. “ Kuroo said, patting your shoulder. 

“Pffft focus on your own class, you're in your third year you know.”  You said. 

He glanced at you then looked back at Kenma who was trailing behind you and Kuroo. 

“Wachya playing this time?” He asked Kenma trying to see what he was playing. 

“Just some random game I got the other day,” Kenma said. 

“I see,” Kuroo said. 

Kenma and Kuroo were your two closest friends. You had met them both last year in your first year of high school. You ended up in the same class as Kenma. Somehow you had managed to befriend him, it was probably because Kuroo saw you talking to him and decided to invite you into their friend group. 

“Well, I’ll see you guys later. I gotta get to class.” You said. 

“Alright, see ya Y/N.,” Kuroo said, waving bye to you. 

“See ya,” Kenma said. 

You waved to them and began walking towards your classroom. You walked past other students and teachers before making it to your classroom. You slid the door open then sat down at your desk by a window. 

-

“And then he said that it was all a joke. Can you believe that?!” Kuroo said. 

It was now lunch and you were eating lunch with the boy’s volleyball team. Since it was May you guys decided to eat outside. 

“Hey Y/N are you even listening to me?” Kuroo said waving his hand in front of your face. 

“AH! Sorry! I got kind of distracted.” You said turning your attention to him. 

“Jeez your so spacy.” He said. 

All your friends thought that, that you were spacy and easily distracted. But that wasn’t it. That wasn’t it at all. You really liked your friends but, all your life it felt as though something was missing. And you never really understood why. You were content with your life so why did you feel that way? It didn’t make any sense. 

“Y/N did you hear that?” Yaku asked. 

“Huh?” You said. 

“Not again,” Kuroo said shaking his head laughing a bit at your difficulty to listen to anything for more than five seconds.