Certain Circumstances

There's a legend that says that everyone has a red string tied to their pinky finger. This string will lead them to the person the universe has chosen for them. In other words their soulmate. People talk about destiny and fate. That everyone has a soulmate. Other people say you have many. That everything in your life happens is for a reason. That everything is predetermined and will lead to your destiny. But who knows if any of it is really true or not. There's no way to tell, right? 

-

“Y/N can you help me with this?” Your mom called from downstairs. 

“Sure.” You say and make your way downstairs towards your mom. You help your mom then head back upstairs. You open the door and look around your new room. I wish I was still in Tokyo, you thought. 

Your room was a decent size and was pretty empty but it would fill up once you finished unpacking. As of now though, there were two tall bookshelves filled with different kinds of books, your bed and a desk cluttered with papers and stuff from unpacking. You walked into your room then closed your door. Guess I should unpack, you thought. You picked up a box then dropped it on your bed. 

“What’s even in here? There's no label or anything, it’s so heavy too. Did I put bricks in here?” You said opening the box. “Oh. More books. That makes sense.” You began unpacking the books and putting them on the bookshelf. Organizing them as you go. “Alright finished that box.” You say throwing the empty box off your bed. 

You go pick up another one then open it. 

“Papers?” You say picking up a stack of papers. “Oh… It’s an old story.” You say flipping through pages. 

This brings back memories, you thought. You had been writing stories since you were a kid. Most of them weren't very good but as you got older you improved and got better. You were currently working on a fantasy novel. You were pretty fond of how it was coming along. 

“How many boxes do I have left?” You asked yourself. 

You glanced around the room to see how many boxes were left to unpack. There were about three left. You continued unpacking for the rest of the day then went to bed a bit earlier than you normally would. You were starting at a new school in the morning so you wanted to get a bit more sleep than you normally would. 

-

Your alarm went off waking you up. 6:00 am. Ugh, I hate getting up early, you thought as you got out of bed. You walked over to your closet opening the door to pull out your new uniform. You changed into it then walked downstairs. You didn't want to be late on your first day so quickly ate breakfast then headed out to your new school. 

You walked up towards your new school. Hooked big but your old school was bigger. Aoba Johsai High school. So this is my new school, you thought. You began walking towards it to start your new life here in Miyagi. 

-

“Attention class! I have an important announcement. We have a new student joining us today.” Your new homeroom teacher said. “You can come in.”

You walked into the classroom and looked around at the students in the class. 

“You can introduce yourself.” The teacher said. 

“Ah… My name is Y/N L/N, I’m from Tokyo…” You said. 

Your teacher then informed you which seat would be yours and you walked over to it and sat down. 

The rest of the day was quite slow and nothing really happened. People didn’t really talk to you. They just ignored you or stared. No one had any intentions to befriend the new girl. You were fine with that but it would have been nice if you could make some new friends.