Chapter 2

Kurapika sat on his bed and read one of his books, syncing with the way the ship swayed in the water. The silence was comfortable, but eerie at the same time. 

He usually had something he had to get done, but this trip was going to give him a lot of free time until they arrived at their destination. He pushed up his reading glasses, and took a closer look at the words on the page. 

The door burst open, and Kurapika peered over his book to the tall man standing in the doorway. Was he back for his things? He watched Leorio walk over to his bed, and place his briefcase down. 

Leorio glanced up at Kurapika, and noticed his questioning expression. "The request was denied." Leorio grumbled, laying back on his bed. Kurapika returned his gaze back to the page, secretly feeling a rush of relief. Or was that... happiness?

It had been a few minutes, and Kurapika looked over to Leorio's bed. He rested silently, his back facing Kurapika. But by the way he was breathing, Kurapika could tell he wasn't sleeping. 

"I'm sorry I didn't come, Leorio." Kurapika said.

"You didn't call me back either." "You're right."

Leorio rolled back over to meet Kurapika's gaze. "Do you have a good excuse?" Leorio asked. Kurapika thought for a moment, before shaking his head. "I don't." he answered. Leorio rolled back over to face the wall again, "Didn't think so." he whispered.

"Is Gon okay?" "He's fine now." "Where is he now?" "Why are you acting like you care all of sudden?" Leorio snapped. 

Kurapika glared at the back of his head. "I always cared. I couldn't pick up your calls and I wasn't aware of Gon's condition. Where is he now?" Kurapika egged on. Leorio let out an exaggerated sigh, and rolled over once again. 

He sat up, and carefully reached for the glasses that laid on his nightstand. He adjusted the glasses, and pushed them up his nose. "Again, stop pretending like you care." Leorio grumbled. 

Kurapika furrowed his brow, "I told you, I do care." Kurapika raised his voice, and placed his book down. Leorio scoffed, "Still stubborn as ever." he grumbled under his breath. "Says you. Where is Gon?" Kurapika demanded. 

Leorio analyzed Kurapika's expression, beginning to believe he wasn't lying. 

"He's with his aunt. Killua went off with his sister." Leorio answered. Kurapika tilted his head, "They split up?" he asked. "Look, if you have so many questions, just contact them." Leorio said, standing up. 

Kurapika looked up at him, it seemed Leorio's figure was more defined since the last time he saw him. "I'm going out." Leorio muttered, leaving the tense room. 

Kurapika took a deep breath. He was going to try his best to not absolutely lose it on Leorio this trip, but Leorio wasn't making it any easier.