Chapter 3: Who's Next

Falling from Grace

Chapter 3

Who's Next

How dare that woman get in his way? He almost had what he wanted. That man had been hiding among the humans for centuries now. If it weren't for a slip of the tongue he wouldn't even know that Tang was the infamous Tripitaka.

Boa chuckled to himself as he thought of it. All because that Pig man talks in his sleep and a certain someone heard. Boa just happened to be the highest bidder, but it wouldn't be long till the man figured he'd make more money by telling more then one person.

Boa had to find another way to distract not one person, but two now. That female had a son with her...perhaps someone new? He thought about it and ran his fingers over a pool of murky water.

"What does the lord of mud have to do with me?" An accusing voice asked the demon who growled.

"Good evening Yuri. What can you tell me about a female monkey with a child strapped to her back. She has long golden hair." The woman sat back on her throne and sighed. She was well known as a war lord in her region.

"That is not just any woman Boa. Steer clear of her, she has traveled the lands for several years making a name for herself. She is the eldest offspring of Sun Wukong."

"But she does not hold the staff. MK does, and he is here."

"Oh if they are both there, times will be hard for you if you are aiming to take MK down. For she is his older sister. Wukong calls him son. Give up Boa, unless...you have another agenda?"

"It is not the staff I want, it is a companion that follows him." The woman stroked her long black hair and watched the man as his mask changed to that of sneering. "I will share his flesh with you...if you help me obtain...Tripitaka." The warlord sat forward and glared into the cauldron.

"You lie! Tripitaka died many many years ago."

"I see...so you don't want a piece?" Boa raised his hand to dismiss the reflection.

"You have a deal Boa, but be warned...I will not look kindly upon you if you betray me." She growled, the black ooze dripped from her mouth.

(0)

Tang watched Tyla sit down at one of the booths having ordered a bowl of noodles. The infant lay in her arms now fast asleep clinging to her shirt like most infant monkeys do with there parents. Tyla was used to infants having cared for her sister since infancy. Yomi had moved back in with Wukong now since Raya was now married.

"Here ya go Tyla." Pigsy set the bowl down and chuckled seeing the small monkey yawn and then curl in more tightly.

"He's gotten so much bigger." MK leaned in and spotted the small star symbol on the monkeys forehead. "Yup, definitely your fathers son."

"His name is Tao and he's my son. Macaque and he have nothing to do with one another. Haven't seen him since." Tyla blew on the noodles before putting them into her mouth. MK chuckled and jumped when he heard the door hit the wall.

"Where?" Wukong ran into the room and looked down at Tyla. "What...why did you come back? Is something wrong? Is he okay?" Ah the over protective father.

"Oh cool down dad, Tao and I just came back to the city because it's warmer. It's already snowing up there, and having an infant and living in the streets isn't ideal." She took a bite of the noodles before she realized there was a pair of golden eyes looking at her from across the table.

"So he's not hurt...?" Yomi's tender voice asked. Tyla couldn't help but smile at the small voice.

"No, Peaches...Tao is fine." She ran her fingers over her little sister's head.