Chapter 03 - Freddie's choice - final part.

- You are selfish - Freddie said seriously - You are putting me in a crossfire that I have nothing to do with. First of all, can I know how you know each other and what happened to hate each other so much?

Angered Roger sighed and ran a hand over his face and Milena glared at him and Freddie watched the two friends in front of her.

- Freddie, please, no questions, you just have to choose - Roger said looking at his friend - Either Milena or me.

- I agree with Meddows - said Milena and Roger rolled his eyes - You have to choose between him or me, simple as that.

- HOW WILL I CHOOSE BETWEEN EACH OTHER IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN THE TWO - Freddie shouted angrily - IF ONE OF THE TWO COULD SPEAK WHAT HAPPENED, WHO KNOWS I WOULD UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION BETTER, IS IT NOT THE SAME?

At this moment, Milena had more memories of when Roger and she lived in Truro, in their teens...

We went back to the 60s.

Milena's flashback.

And time passed quickly and the year 1965 came.

In January 1965, Roger and his friend Michael Dudley were invited by Johnny Quale to join the group Johnny Quale and The Reactions. Roger, who had a beautiful voice to sing and was an excellent drummer, accepted and Michael became the keyboardist for the band. In February Roger started dating Eileen Wright, a popular girl from the neighboring town called Falmouth. Eileen was jealous of Milena and told Roger not to be friends with the girl, but Roger said that he would never stop being friends with Milena and Eileen even grudgingly had to accept her boyfriend's decision.

March 1965.

After Roger and Michael joined the band, many rehearsals were made and had even made small presentations at parties of friends. After more rehearsals, the band's first big show was in the fifth year of the Rock and Rhythm Championship, organized by the Round Table at the Prefecture of Truro. Fifteen groups performed for an audience of 800 teenagers. In addition, Winifred, Clare and Milena were present and they were very proud of Roger. Eileen for living in another city, was not present at the event. Johnny Quale and The Reactions took fourth place in the championship and Roger was elected the best drummer.

- Congratulations my son, how proud - said Winifred.

- Thank you mom - Roger said - I would like to have won the championship with my band, but, I will not give up, next year we will win and prove my worth to everyone.

- How proud my brother - Clare said hugging Roger and he smiled at the girl kissing her on the cheek - Congratulations, Rog.

- Thank you my little princess - Roger said affectionately.

- You really have a lot of talent for music, my friend, how proud you are, Rog - Said Milena hugging him and Roger hugged her back affectionately and smiled at her.

- Thank you Lena, your support is very important for me to move on, the support of the three of you - The boy smiled.

September 1965.

And the months went by quickly and Johnny Quale and The Reactions getting more fans. In September 1965, Johnny Quale for being a huge Elvis Presley fan, just wanted to sing songs from the King of Rock with the band and went to the cinema to watch Elvis' movie on a rehearsal day. The rest of the group did not like it and Johnny Quale left the group. Who took over the vocals was Roger and the boy who was also a drummer, put his drums ahead of the stage and sang and played. Roger became even more popular and the band was renamed The Reactions and became more popular.