Chapter 36

Ellen's POV:

I woke up from my nap by hearing the door open. It was Patrick with my delicious dinner. I got up off the couch and proceeded to walk into the kitchen. I got the food out of the bag and asked, "How was dinner?".

He kissed me on the cheek and replied, "It was good. Nice to catch up with them. What did you do while I was gone?".

"I was asleep the whole time. I just woke up when I heard the alarm go off.", I said while grabbing a knife and fork from the drawer.

"Oh, nice.", he said while taking one of my fries.

"Hey! You already ate. I have to fuel up our baby. You want her to be strong, right?", I said.

"Oh, so you think it is a girl?", he asked.

"I don't know. That is what I kinda hope for. I do have an ultrasound scheduled in a few weeks. Do we want to find out the gender?", I asked him.

"Mmmh, I don't know. Do you want to find out the gender?", he asked looking into my eyes.

"Well maybe. So we know what kind of baby clothes to buy.", I said. "Also I was thinking, that we should move out of this house and start our new lives in a new house. I can still feel Jillian's presence when I'm here, especially alone."

"I get that", Patrick said while wrapping his arms around my torso and kissing my neck, "When do you want to go house shopping?"

I moved my head so he had more neck to kiss, "Mmh, I don't know. Soon though so we can get settled in before the baby comes."

"Right.", he said as his mouth moved closer to my lips.

I dropped the fork that was in my hand to turn around and kiss him. I turned back around and I continued eating my dinner. "You tease.", he said kissing the back of my neck then he went into his office.

I finished eating dinner and I went into the office to see what he was up to. He looked up from his laptop and quickly closed it. I leaned against the door frame and crossed arms and asked, "What are you hiding from me?".

"Errm... nothing.", he said acting suspiciously.

"Ook, Dempsey. I'm going to bed, you coming up?", I asked.

"Yeah, just give me a moment.", he said.

I didn't question why he was acting so strange. Maybe he was house shopping? Who knows.

I got ready for bed and laid down. 5 minutes later Patrick walked into the room, got ready for bed, and snuggled up next to me. "Good night, El.", he said kissing my arm all the way down and then on my stomach, "And good night to you, mystery baby.".

I laughed at him and rolled to the other side and our faces were centimeters apart. "Good night, Patrick", I said then giving him a kiss. He took his finger and traced it down my jawline. 'God, his touch felt so good.' I thought to myself.