Chapter 20

It is half past seven in the evening when Lucas finished showering. I am currently laying on the bed while reading some books about a dark kingdom rule by a vampire prince called Dellos. I have to admit; it is an interesting story.

"Are they real?"
I ask Lucas just as he climbs onto the bed laying next to me. He looks at me slightly raising his eyebrow confused.

"The vampires, I mean. This book I'm reading it is about a vampire kingdom."
I inform him while waving the dark green hardback book with the title Black Dawn on it.

"Where did you get the book?"
He asks me, ignoring my question.

"It's Elle's."
I reply shortly with my eyebrow knitted together, not liking the way he just ignores my question.

"I've heard stories about them, but I've never seen them with my own eyes."
He replies while getting comfortable on the bed.

"Elle loves that kind of book. She's obsessed."
Lucas adds while pulling me towards him and hugging me around my waist.

"I see."
I reply, not knowing what to talk about.

"She likes Ryan."
I blurt out to him. Lucas slowly let out a long sigh and close his eyes.

"I know. I've noticed it."
He mumbles against my waist and I squeal as it slightly tickles me.

"Hey, don't sleep. We haven't had dinner yet."
I shake him lightly in order to make him stay awake. He groan and scowl at me. I laugh and he releases me to sit down on the bed with his weary eyes.

"Elle can't like Ryan because they're not mates."
He suddenly talks again about his dear sister.

"She realizes that Lucas. She told me before."
I assure him and hug his arm while my head leans on his shoulder.

"How are you feeling now?"
I ask when we both stop talking a while ago trying to find peace from this hectic few days.

"I'm fine now, just tired."
Lucas reply and kiss my head briefly.

"What happen today? Want to tell me about it?"
I try to pry in hoping he will tell me what makes him loose control to his wolf like that. He let out another long sigh and plays with my hair.

"Do you remember the guy you saw when we first met?"
He implores as my head nod as an answer.

"The guy with the wolf tattoo on his neck right?"
I ask again, to confirm we are talking about the same guy.

"Yes."
He caresses my hair, and it feels amazing, making me a bit sleepy from his sooths touch.

"He used to be a pack member, an ex-warrior to be exact before he turn rogue."
He starts.

"When one day, he kills my friend just because she is not his mate."
My head nod voluntarily in understanding.

"The night we met, I was hunting him down. It was a dreadful night but then I met you and it become one of the best night of my life."
He kiss my cheeks and I smile in triumph to him, cuddling in deeper in his embrace.

"The girl he killed is my closest friend. We basically grow up together. Her name is Iris. She's human though. I've warned her so many times to not let herself trust him but she wouldn't listen to me and it end up killing her."

He continues to open up to me. My hand immediately reaches for his hand and I squeeze it tightly.

"And this morning, we found him among the rogues that trespassed our pack border and that's when I lost it."
He confess.

"He's dead now."
He tells me with his cold eyes. I quickly hug him and tells him that everything is over and none of it is his fault.

After that, we walk downstairs and have our dinner quietly. Lucas told me that Alexia and James is traveling around the world to enjoy the nature and culture of every country they travel.

I have almost forgotten about them these past few days of never ending drama and I'm glad that they are both fine. A week pass by like a waterfall. Every morning and evening, I have insisted on Lucas to let me join the training warrior to train myself.

At first, it is such a tiring routine where I wish I could just sleep and eat all day but after a few weeks; I have got the hang of it. Honestly, I have never felt so fit and energetic in my entire life.

Lucas also told me that I am better than some of his warrior with my skills and I'm so proud of myself. Who would have thought that I will be like this?

My entire life all I did is work until I'm exhausted and eat this very unhealthy food just to fill my tummy in order to get on with my day every day. What a life I had. Our routine has go by smoothly. It's a normal life and I'm loving every seconds of it.

Currently, Lucas and I is walking around the tiny village of our pack full with kids and other pack members training and just relaxing with each other.

They all smile at me and I wave at them back. He holds my hands tighter and we walk around the pack until we reach back to our backyard. He pulls me towards a bench and we sit there watching the sunsets.

"In few weeks, we'll be having a coronation to formally introduce and link you to the pack."
Lucas inform me as he looks me in the eye feeling anxious. I gulp slowly feeling his emotions in me.

"Okay."
I reply, slightly feeling nervous. He fastly wrap his arms around my shoulder and I can help but feel calm with his touch. I will be the luna of this pack. Hopefully, I will not make any mistakes while helping him rule this pack.

"You won't."

--------------------

Vampires? Foreshadowing?