Lost ones ~ Prudence & Ambrose

Prudence watched as Ambrose restlessly walked around the study

"We had many search parties, but we still don't know where Nick is." mentioned Prudence.

Ambrose sighed. "We have to believe he is alright"

"Zelda hasn't been to the academy in weeks" said Prudence.

"A-aunt Zelda doesn't speak, she doesn't leave the house, she often mutters alone to Hecate." He spoke fast.

Prudence observed Ambrose as he paced.

"Nothing is the same" he said loudly.

"Hilda is however, doing great as the head mistress. A little too great." said Prudence.

"Aunt Hilda is desperately trying to stay distracted" he replied rubbing his head. He seems agitated.

He stopped waking abruptly, with his back to her. There was a long pause.

He slowly turned and looked at Prudence with tears in his eyes.

"There-has to be a way to bring her back." He paused. "There's always a way."

"Ambrose.." whispered Prudence walking closer to him. She held his arms. "I'm confident, if there's an answer, you will find it."

"I've rummaged though every place in this town with books on Dark Arts, to no avail." he said in frustration.

His breath slowed as he looked at Prudence.
"Thank you, for being here." he said.

"Of course" she replied gazing into his eyes.

He held her chin, and kissed her.