𝖛𝖎𝖎𝖎. Struggle for Power

𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖌𝖌𝖑𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖕𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗

STRIDING INTO LEXA'S THRONE ROOM, Glass can feel the dozens of eyes of clan ambassadors lingering on her. She looks at each of them in turn. Sangedakru watches her warily, Trishanakru vengefully, Boudalankru hungrily as of waiting for her to fall from grace, the list goes on and on. The throne rises above them at the back of the circular room lit with candlelight, Fleimkepa Titus to the right, dutifully behind the rightful Commander of the Blood — Lexa.

Glass meets her gaze steadily and they look at each other for a moment. She hasn't forgotten how they left things and it seems Lexa hasn't either.

Thrusting Clarke into the light, Roan snatches the sack from her head. "Wanheda, as promised."

Clarke stares mutinously at Lexa. Her mouth is stuffed with a gag, but Glass can only imagine all the things she has to say. Betrayal seems to come easy to Lexa because Glass had heard all about her traitorous deal with the Mountain Men three moons ago, when she abandoned Skaikru.

"Hello, Clarke," says Lexa tonelessly. She looks to Roan. "The deal was for you to bring her to me unharmed."

"She didn't come easy," he says.

"I expect not," says Lexa coolly.

"He's done his part," Glass cuts in savagely, not in the mood for any diplomatic bullshit. "Do yours. Lift his banishment, Heda."

She says this last part in a sneer and Fleimkepa Titus looks at her murderously. Gross. Glass has forgotten all about how annoying the stupid cow was, always pretty much grovelling at Lexa's feet.

Lexa regards her. "I'm told your mother's army marches on Polis."

"She — what?" Glass stares at her.

"It's true, milady," the Azgeda representative, a short, rather pathetic looking man speaks, out of turn. He bows his head in respect for her, but doesn't look to the rightful Commander. "The Queen has called Heda's command pathetic and longs for the return of real power."

Wide-eyed, Glass and Roan look at each other. His forehead is ashen with creases. Clearly he wasn't informed of this development.

Luckily, Roan is better at diplomacy than she is.

"That has nothing to do with us," he says gruffly. "Honour our deal."

"I'll honour our deal when your Queen honours my coalition," it's Lexa's turn to sneer, though it's almost imperceptible. Her void act hardly slips, as usual. "Lock Prince Roan of Azgeda away."

⚔️

          "I'M going to kill her."

     "Glass — "

     "Really, I will," Glass snarls, pacing back and forth furiously. Heartseeker has never felt lighter in her hands than she does now. "How dare she betray us? I will not be made to look like a — like a fool."