꧁77꧂

Leta sat alone on a muggle train,uncomfortable as it was so cramped. It was completely different from the Hogwarts express. There was no compartments or lady with a trolley but muggles who constantly burped which made her wrench.

"This better be over soon." She muttered to herself as she put her feet up on the seat beside her, pushing a book into her face. "Is everything okay?" Leta looked up to see a rather tall girl who she could only guess was muggle.

She had light olive skin and curly blonde hair. Her eyebrows were soft and she had freckles dotted around her cheeks. A key feature was her two different coloured eyes, one was blue and the other was brown.

"Oh, yes." Leta said with a nod. "Hi, I'm Zofia Kowalski." The girl said with a smile and her hand out. Leta felt like that name was very familiar but she couldn't pin point it. "I'm Leta Lestrange." She replied, shaking her hand.

"A Lestrange!" She exclaimed with wide eyes which made Leta's eyebrows furrow. She then scooted over to the mysterious girl. "How do you know me?" Leta whispered in her ear.

"You're a Lestrange. You're from one of the biggest pure-blood families in Britain." She said, trying to keep her excitement to a minimum. "So you're not a muggle?" Leta asked which made her nod with a smile.

"You're last name is terribly familiar." Leta said, her tensed shoulders relaxing as she felt more comfortable. "My father is working to make a Dragon Pox cure." This made Leta nod. "That's it."

"Why are you going to Poland?" Zofia asked the dark haired girl who leaned back. "My brother lives here so I'm going to see him." She said with a wide smile. "Well, I hope you have fun." The blonde girl replied.

                                    ༒
With Zofia, Leta's trip felt like it went a lot faster. The train had took them to Dover station where they were picked up by a bus and driven down to the docks where they boarded a ferry.

The journey took all day and Leta was able to make it the edge of Germany before becoming exhausted and having to find a cheap hotel to stay at. She did and once she slept she was back on the road for Poland.

The bus ride was long and the only way for her to entertain herself was a book which she got bored of after a while. She was just left with her thoughts as she watched trees and hills pass by.

She was hoping James had tried to follow her but there was a part of her which knew he was. He is a Gryffindor and they hated being told what to do. All Leta was doing was hoping they were taking muggle transport so she was already way ahead of them.

                                     ༒
It was evening when Leta arrived in Poland and she wanted to go to the place where her brother was staying but it was late and she didn't want to bother him.

She booked herself into a quaint hotel room with a bathroom she shared with an elderly couple. The room was basically in the attic so it had a window where she look out at the streets below.

"I should probably sleep." She muttered to herself as she leaned on the window. Leta then went to the bed which was rather uncomfortable and got under the covers.

No matter how hard she tried to sleep, she couldn't because she was so excited to her brother but also a wave of saddens flooded over her.

Yes, it was adventure time Poland and Leta use to love being alone but she couldn't help but be lonely because the person who had taken her heart was no there and possibly in another country.

She felt hot tears fall down her cheek and into her hairline as she laid on her back. 'Am I making a mistake? I wonder how mad James will be at me when I show up again.' She began to think to herself.

                                       ༒
Leta woke up early, so early that the sun was only just rising, so she waited until it was around 7am. "Goodbye nasty fucking hotel room." Leta said as she carried her suitcase and closed the door to the room.

                                        ༒
James and Euphemia arrived in Poland as fast as they could, using magic here and there but mostly muggle transport. "James, you need to run!" Euphemia ordered when she saw Leta over the hill walking to the house which made the same address.

He nodded and began to run as fast as he could but she was already at the house and knocking on the door.

                                        ༒
Leta knocked once on the door and stood there, gripping onto her suitcase. The door opened but she let out a sigh of disappointment when an elderly woman answered the door.

"Hello sorry, is Corvus Lestrange here? Tall, dark hair and eyes." Leta began to describe her brother which made the elderly woman slowly nod. She didn't know much English but she recognised the name. She then called for someone and a younger women popped her head out.

"Hi, is Corvus Lestrange here?" Leta asked again. "Honey, he died 3 years ago." The young woman said with a sympathetic look.

"Leta!" She recognised the voice to be James's but she didn't look around, instead she froze still with shock and began to stumble backward.

She slipped on a slippery rock which had been iced over but James had made it in time and caught her. He then stood her up and tried to hold her to his chest but she kept her hands on his arms to keep his body away as she stabilised herself.

"He is dead." She muttered quietly. "He is dead!" She loudly shouted, tears falling from her red eyes which made James hold her which she allowed. "Why did my mother tell me he was here if he was dead?" She asked with a angry tone.

"Because she didn't know." James and Leta looked up at Euphemia who had put her hand on her son's shoulder. "They sent the letter that he passed to me, I-I didn't have the strength to tell your mother." The older women sighed. "I know I should of told-"

She was cut off by Leta who had flung herself to Euphemia and wrapped her arms around her as she patted her back and shushed her gently.

Euphemia was the only person close to a mother-figure and family to Leta now. She didn't know how, but the women smelt like her cookies all the time and it was a delicious smell. Leta took in deep inhales to calm herself down but also smell the scent of the baked good.

"You're dressing honey, we should get you inside." She whispered in her ear before walking with the girl, her arm around her shoulders as they walked back.