The Heart

The vision is ethereal - red roses, white lace, yards of tulle; all of this leading to the moment. The moment they would say "I do," exchange rings, and be husband and wife for all time.

It was the heart-shaped truffle, she knew. The heart-shaped truffle with the dark chocolate coating and the cool mint chocolate in the centre. That damn piece of candy was the reason she was seeing this particular glimpse of her future. Hermione laughed to herself. Of course, this would be the heart.

The future Hermione paced in her white wedding gown, waiting for the familiar bridal march to play. She was anxious, excited, nervous.

But who was she waiting for? Hermione wondered.

She recognized the backyard of the Weasley family home, The Burrow. People in chairs lined the lawn, some were familiar, but there were faces she couldn't put a name with. As she watched her older self, she deduced that she was marrying a Weasley.

Ron.

It had to be Ron, she thought as a smile spread on her face.

The music started as her father walked up to the bride, looped her arm through his own, and they exited the house to walk down the aisle. Hermione followed closely behind her older counterpart, her own nerves building with each step.

Five paces more and they would reach the altar.

The groom, his face slightly obscured, was tall, had red hair and a muscular build. He wasn't Ron; Hermione could tell. Ron was shorter than this Weasley.

A hand shook her shoulder, the images around her disappearing. Her eyes snapped open and landed once again on Fred Weasley.

"You tried another piece," he said, a smirk twitching up his lips. "What did you see this time?"

Hermione shook her head to clear her muddled thoughts. "It was a wedding, or it was until you shook me."

The smirk grew, pearly white teeth now showing. "Your wedding?" inquired the redhead.

"I guess so," she replied with a shrug, as she moved to stand up from her bed.

"Who was the groom?" Fred asked, following her down the stairs. Hermione stopped on the landing before they reached the kitchen.

"Honestly, I don't know. I didn't get close enough to see." She wasn't about to tell him it was one of his family members. Fred nodded as the witch in front of him turned and proceeded further down the stairs. As he reached the sitting room, someone pulled him away.

"You gave her the truffles?" asked his irate twin. Fred continued to smirk as he shrugged one shoulder. "We haven't even fully tested them yet. Something could go wrong."

"Like what?" Fred wanted to know. "She doesn't see the future as it'll actually happen? Maybe this'll teach her something."

George let out a sigh. "What are you hoping the know-it-all will learn?"

"Can't tell you," Fred replied, clapped his brother's shoulder, and wandered back to the sitting room. The seat next to Hermione was unoccupied, and he gladly filled it as his twin stared daggers into his back.

George wasn't left standing in the corner alone for long.

"What do you reckon that's all about?" Ginny casually inquired, sidling up next to her older brother. Her eyes, like George's, were locked on Fred and Hermione. "She likes Ron," she added.

"I know," George agreed with a nod. "Fred know that too. Everyone but Ron knows."

"You think that's why he gave her those candies?" Ginny wondered.

George shook his head. "If I know my twin, there's another motive there."