4.VAZHI PIRANDATHU, DISAI MARIYATHO?

This is last part of this particular scene, the next parts will be about the characters and their background, and the further parts will be the continuation of the story. I will try my maximum to give a long chapter without much drag.

_______________________________________________________________

"Excuse me...sollunga nan enna pannanum?"

There she was standing in front of him, and now all she could see was a bewildered expression written all over his face in contrast to his eyes which are radiating happiness. She could not help but chuckle at his appearance. At this his lips curved and a beautiful smile adorned his face.

"Enkittaya?" he asked a rubbish question unable to come out of the shock of her standing before him. Seeing her look around, he questioned, "Yaara thediringa?".

She with a little sarcasm answered him "Inga neenga mattum thane erunkinga, apram enna enkittaya nu oru kelvi?", for which he replied with a sheepish grin "Illa, help panna mudiyathu nu sonnenga, ipo thiripi vanthu enna pannanum apdinu kettathum konjam confuse aayten".

"Hello sir, help panna mudiyathu nu nan sollala, en friend dan sonna, ipo kooda avaluk nan unkitta pesarathula udanpadu illa, ana enak dan ungala pakka pavama irunthucha, language theriyatha oorla vanthu kaasu kooda illama kashtapadarengale nu than vanthen, sollunga enna help venum?". She stated her reason for coming forth to help him.

He who was already so overwhelmed started to thank all his stars for bringing this star girl 😉 before him. But he wanted to clarify something, and so he asked "Ninga entha ooru? Epdinga neenga Tamizh, Malayalam rendum pesaringa?". She retorted with a straight face "Ningak appam thinnano atho kuzhi ennano?". (This is a proverb in Malayalam, I don't know its Tamil, sorry 😁).

He blinked at her in confusion, but could make out that it meant he should refrain from asking such personal questions, when she continued with, "Ungaluk enna pathi theriyanuma, illa oor poyi seranama?", after that. He in an instance replied without any doubts "Ooruk thanga ponum", which is obviously his first priority. She again asked the same question for which he till now didn't answer, "sollunga athuk nan enna pannanum?"

And finally, he replied... "Next train epo nu theriyala, timing kettut antha train la unreserved la poga oru open ticket vangi kudupengala?" he quickly added, "unga phone number illana account number ethachum kudunga, nan veetuk ponathum G-pay illana amount transfer pannidaren".

She with a subtle smile said, "athellam venam, neenga vanga". When she saw him opening his mouth again, she told "ipo varengala illa nanga kalambava?"

He followed her quietly after that only to see her friend throwing daggers at her with her eyes. She also saw this but was silent as she thought that she would settle matters with her friend later. Her friend was unusually silent, as far as he had seen, till few moments back, she had talked nonstop, but this silence of her worried him as he thought he was the reason for her silence, her acceptance to help him had made her friend to keep quiet. So, he slowly said "Yenga, unga friendku pidikala pola, neenga ponga nan pathukaren, ennala neenga rendu perum sanda podathenga".

He turned back only to be stopped by her friend "Hey man! come we will help you". He was so happy and was about to thank her, but she said "I am not doing this for you, but for her, so if you are going to thank me, keep it to yourself" and started to walk forward. She looked at her friend and him, shook her head and started walking. He followed them in silence. They reached the ticket counter and she went to get ticket.

He was standing trying to initiate a conversation with her friend, but he could clearly infer that she was least interested in that. So, he kept quiet, only for some time, and unable to be silent he ended up asking "What is your name?" She looked at him for a second and then said "Diya, Diya Menon" and turned to other said. Knowing that she won't ask him his name, he started "Nice name, and my name is...

"Hey, got the ticket" came her voice first followed by her approaching them. She stood before them and gave him the ticket instructing "22.30 kku train, xxxx is the train's name, coach positions oru 22.20 kka solluvanga English layum varum, nalla gavinichukonga, and don't miss this."

He sighed and it was only now he could breathe normally, he thought. He said n numbers of thank you whole heartedly. She just smiled. There was a silence after that which broke by her friend, "Kazhinjille apo povalo?", (mudinjuth la, ipo polama?) she asked her. And that took their leave.

The girls came out and when they were about to call an auto, an "Excuse me" stopped them, and they turned to see him behind them. He was panting, yet he made a request "Hey, romba sorry, oru help kooda pannuvengala?" she just raised her eyebrows, while Diya was yet again silent, so he continued "unga phone kudupengala, ore oru phone pannitu kudukaren?"

Diya who was already irritated got exasperated when she saw her friend fishing her bag, but was pacified when she gave him a hundred rupee note and said with a smile "Inthanga, hundred rupees, anga opposite la oru phone booth iruk, anga poyi onnu illa rend moonu call kooda pannikonga, sorry it is getting late, we really need to go, hope you understand," which he accepted with a reciprocated smile.

She then turned to Diya and said "Vaa pova" (vaa polam), only to be stopped by him again with an "Excuse me", for which she with a little irritation asked "Ipo ennanga?".

"Illa ivalo help panninenga unga per enna nu therinjukalama?" he sounded like a small boy.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Mullai... Mullai Murugan" she said with pride. "Ada, azhagana tamizh per", he remarked. Before she took a leave, he voiced out "En pera epdiyum neenga keka porathilla, so nane solren, I am Kathir... Kathirvel Pandian".

He bought his hand forward which she shook and they uttered in unison "BYE", and nodded their heads. Beaming from ear to ear they moved in opposite directions.

__________________

Kathir made phone calls to his friends, informed them, asked them to be in station till he reach, came to the platform and waited for his train to arrive. When it was time, as instructed by her he paid attention to the announcement and got himself a seat in the highly rushed unreserved coach and the train set off towards his destination.

On the other hand, Mullai along with Diya reached her home, had her food and retired for the day.

.

.

.

.

What will destiny do next?

Does fate made them meet to bring them together?

Or was it a mere coincidence?

If they are destined to meet how will that happen?

TBC

__________________

So as many of you guessed,the girl and the man was none other than our Mullai and Kathir 😅.