fifteen || mysterious gift

신비한 선물
"mysterious gift"

—— ••◈•• ——

A/N: This chapter will be in a third-person view.

Claude woke up in fright, taking a while to notice another person who is sitting on his chamber's carpet while her wavy blonde hair was tied into a high ponytail and her face pressed down on his hand, she was fast asleep.

Claude remembered what he dreamed of that made him touch the top of his daughter's head.

His ten-year-old daughter who sometimes mistakes his trusted and loyal knight for her father. The feeling of being ignored and calling someone else "papa".

'No. I'll do anything to not let you get the same ending as before. Never, Athanasia.'

He thought. Bringing back a few glimpses of her "supposed future" if he had ignored her since her birth.

Claude doesn't have the thought of waking her up, but instead slowly stands up and gently carries her and brings her to his bed, letting the girl rest there comfortably.

He sighed deeply and sat beside her facing the huge window next to the bed. He was staring out into the darkness, not noticing the large magic-formed human behind him.

Dangerously approaching the two figures. He can walk without making a noise as if he's light as a feather— well he kinda is.

 The man looked at the two with a smile. His eyes went back and forth between them before careful coming close to the blonde girl.

He placed his forefinger on her forehead and whispered something.

"Enjoy. Hope you'll have fun..."

After whispering those to her ears her eyes shot open and her cerulean-blue jewelled eyes became a bit dull.

"Don't worry I'll gift it to you slowly."

He whispered again. Still taking caution not letting the other find out his presence inside the room.

He watched the girl's eyes slowly closed and fell into sleep once again.

He had a satisfied smile and quietly left the room.

Only then that Claude felt another person's presence he immediately looked behind only to see no one but his daughter that is sleeping.

After a while, he could hear Athanasia's whimpers in her sleep. He could see droplets of sweat forming on her forehead slowly dripping to the side of her face.

Claude placed his hand on her forehead and found out the young girl was currently having a fever. He immediately walked to the door peeking outside he saw the knight became flustered due to his sudden appearance.

"Call Lilian York, Athanasia has a fever..."

The knight's eyes widened and bowed not caring to properly excuse himself and just ran like a headless chicken to find the Emerald Palace's head maid, Lilian York.

Upon noticing the young maiden, he quickly approached her and stated that the young princess is currently suffering from a fever and that she was in His Majesty's chamber.

The maid's body was washed over with worry and became flustered trying to gather the right things needed to take care of someone who has a fever.

After gathering all of it, the knight, Lilian York, and a couple of maids ran to the Emperor's Palace as if their life depends on it— kinda because the Emperor might punish them if they failed to treat the princess's fever quickly.