Chapter XXXII

I just wanna see how beautiful you are
you know that I see it
I know you're a star
Where you go I follow
No matter how far
If life is a movie
Then you're the best part.

It's the sunrise
And those brown eyes, yes
You're the one that I desire

- Best part , Daniel Caesar feat. H.E.R -

R -

˖*. LORCAN'S POV .*˖

The Mansion, week one.

The teens carefully treaded inside the huge entry hall of the mansion. From the ceiling dangled an enormous chandelier, covered in dust and cobwebs much like the rest of the furniture.

'Look.' Saoirse said, holding out the compass in front of her. It's pointer was spinning around inside the glass. 'I guess this means we'll find information on Whitelock here.' She carefully tucked away the object and proceeded to gaze at the grand staircase and large paintings lining the walls.

'Who do you suppose lived here?' Lorcan asked, amazed by the fairly intact nature of the furniture.

'Don't know.' Lysander said, swiping his finger over the surface of a low standing coffee table. 'They haven't been here in a while, that's for sure.' He declared as he wiped the dust now collected on his finger on one of the sofas.

'Lads, come take a look.' Lloyd said, already having climbed the stairs to the second landing. The teens ascended the staircase and strutted over to where Lloyd was standing. 'Look at the amount of rooms.' He smiled, pointing down the hallway. 'No more cramping together in one tiny bedroom.'

'Wait, you actually want to sleep here?' Diane asked. 'In someone else's home?'

'Why not?' Lysander shrugged. 'As much as I love you guys, I'm in dire need of some privacy.' He said while examining the inside of different rooms.

They all claimed a room for themselves, Lorcan taking one of the smaller ones. The bed in his room was still perfectly made, as if it was waiting for its inhabitant to return any day.

They all met up again after dropping off their stuff in their designated rooms and began forming a plan of action.

Saoirse and Lorcan would be the ones to go into town regularly to gather food and water. As well as trying to get some information from the locals on the mansion.

Roxanne and Lloyd would keep busy with searching the grounds that surrounded the mansion, which were extremely vast. Lastly, Diane and Lysander would search the home itself from top to bottom.

✰✰✰

The first three days went by much the same. Waking up, accompanying Saoirse on their daily walk through the village, trying to speak to some of the locals.