1. & 2. NORTH & SOUTH

1. NAINA

Miss them.

The smell of charcoal and setting the air with its pungent odor reached my nostrils, the black haze appeared in front of my eyes and my empty stomach growled like a woofer in anger. "Shoot, shoot!"

Breakfast!

Burnt!

Again!

Lovely!

The idea of going empty stomach to college curled my toes in anxiety.

Could this day get any better?

Coughing and sniffing, I reached for the faulty microwave and took the burnt as coal rod pizza out. The hues of capsicum have turned dark brown and the dry olives have turned the dark shades of black. And don't even ask me about the crust.

Arrghh!

I'm hungry!

My whimpering pierced the silence as the tears threatened to come out, and a few drops must have leaked when I eyed the burnt pizza, longingly. I haven't had proper breakfast since forever. The anger, the resentment bubbled up inside me as I tossed the coaled, iron as rod pizza in a trash can, and walked out of the kitchen, trying my hardest not to think how I would have moaned with the taste of cheese in my mouth.

Damn you, Microwave!

As I wiped the last tear off my cheeks, my unruly girls came out of their rooms looking anything but pretty, hair-like some bird's nest, with drools, spread all over their mouth and flopped on the couch over each other.

It's kind of a little victory to see them half awake whilst I was fully awake. They are early risers and I wasn't. The only thought that did wake me up before the break of dawn was my pizza. Thanks, but no thanks, microwave! I sleep like a sloth, even if a bomb crashed at the nearby building I still wouldn't twitch a muscle of mine.

"Get up! Or we'll get late," I yelled, scaring them both.

"Jesus, woman. Trying to kill us when we are asleep?" Sameera yawned as she kicked Pinky's leg away from her, "getaway, Pinky. Your legs are between my legs." I stifled a laugh.

Kinky much?

"You get away, I trying to sleep." I heard Pinky mumble as she kicked in the air hoping to get a good shot of Sameera's face.

"You can't be sleeping without me, you guys."

I let my feet in the air and jumped between the two. "Ouhhhhh!" Pinky cried out when my butt landed on her thigh. "Get away!" I scrunched my nose when her morning breath hit me.

"Ew. You smell terrible!"

"Thanks. Wanna smell more? Here smell it." She opened her mouth wide.

"Ew. Ew. Ew. Geez! Stop!" I tried to push her away and got more close to Sameera. The couch was small, couldn't fit three people, pushing Sameera further, she slipped and fell out of the couch. Dhaadam!