'Time left' 23:59

'24 hours...' 

The countrys of the world were all together for the last time in their immortal lives. They knew for a long time that this day will come. But yet it felt it so unreal to most of them, they lived for so many centurys, survived bloody wars, gained money and fame and now they are gonna die because of a flying rock from space?

The meeting room was quiet. So quiet that you could have heard a pin drop to the ground. But it wasn't a comfortable silence, it was a tense one, the one were you just wanna jump out of the window.

"So..."

America tried to start but even he couldn't look into those hopeless eyes of his friends and family.

'Not even the hero can save us now..'

They got the news 5 weeks ago when a few scientest noticed the meteor for the first time. At first they thought it would pass the earth. But after they saw how close he truly was to the earth they immedietely called an emmergency meeting with the most importend people in the world wich happened to be hight ranked scientest, war officers and leugtnants and most of the countrys bosses.    

A press conference was hold 2 weeks after the terifying discovery. The goverments of the USA finally told his citizens the terreble news. In 3 weeks a meteor is going to destroy the earth and everything on it. Of course there was panic after those shocking news were revealed. There was denial, no one wanted to believe it but soon every country atmitted that those weren't false news. The people on earth dindn't wanted to give up, they wanted to find a solution but soon saw that it was impossible to avoid the crash. This happened the first two weeks. In the last week there was sadnes over the once beautyfull planet that was home for so many creatures.

In the midle of the last week the people woke up to a picture that no one wanted to see. The meteor was now in sight, still smal and far away but terrifying everyone on the planet even the representation of every country. Soon everyone started to prepare themselve for the impact that was about to happen in a few days. Even the animals were scared now, hiding in they're homes and rarely coming out of they're hideout. 

And now the earth has only 24 more hours before the meteor will destroy everything.