Kogami x Reader - South of Heaven [Drabble]

This day was inevitable; you had been anxiously anticipating it for quite some time now. For someone with such a beautiful form, it was hard to believe the thoughts that circulated in your head were conjured up in this society. Pondering endlessly on the cruelties of this world only made them a closer reality; and yet ignoring them made life transparent, like an endless empty void that was inescapable. Although Sibyl could easily read your state of mind, it’s not like your inner thoughts were projected onto an IMAX screen. If they were, you’d only hope that everyone was looking away. The darkest parts of your mind were not for innocent eyes to see. Because your thoughts were deep, philosophical.

Murderous.

    At times, the ideas of a nuclear explosion, mass plague, or aliens annihilating everything here seemed like a warm Christmas Eve dream. The idea of the oppressive Sibyl System destroyed and its supporters dead brought the most pleasing of smiles to your face. You’d finally be free from the shackles of technological enslavement. Everyone would be. But nothing gets passed a street scanner, and soon you were one in a number. You were the type of trash Sibyl was designed to eliminate and seclude. And yet, that very system was the reason all of these sinful thoughts plagued your mind.  It was that twisted and sick sense or irony you so loved.

You were the criminal mind personified.

You were an enemy of Sibyl.

    When he came to visit you, you saw that girl from his job that he had talked about from time to time. His partner in crime. Both characters sported their uniforms, and that was confirmation enough for you. In that stomach churning moment, you knew it wasn’t going to be like his past several visits. He wasn’t going to send soft kisses across your skin. He wasn’t going to let you indulge in exhilarating copulation. He wasn’t going to defy his duties as an Enforcer. He wasn’t going to let you leave alive- not with a 379 Crime Coefficient. This was the end you knew you were destined to meet, so without a fight, you surrendered to your pursuers. Running wouldn’t do any good now.

You were ready.

    With your head bowed, your only focus now was on the cold concrete touching your bare feet. Looking into his eyes simply put too much weight on your chest. Even if your time together was simply for stress relief and pleasure, to say you hadn’t grown fond of the man would be a lie. The two of you shared similar thoughts and ideals, and his presence eased you. With him around, things made more sense, and alienation became so small. He was the one tangible person in this world of circuits and plastic.

    But he had a job to do, and you had a fate to meet.

    Without hesitation, he pulled the trigger.

His name would be the last words to escape your lips, and his Dominator would take the life that he had secretly cherished.

But both of you would meet again one day – right where latent criminals belonged.

South of Heaven.