Chapter 6

4 years later

"Come on mom! We're almost there!"

Yukari laughed as she followed Sanyu out to the training grounds. As much as she had not wanted him to wait until he was a little older to become a shinobi, there was no stopping the kid once he set his mind to something. He had finally convinced her to sign him up for the ninja academy. She still wasn't sure about – she didn't want him to grow up fast like she had to. Where every day was kill or be killed. She wanted him to have the chance to be a kid.

With his new acceptance into Kumogakure's academy, she had decided that today she would take him out to a private training grounds to figure out what exactly he was capable of. At his insistence, she had recently taught him how to the Uchiha clans signature Fireball Jutsu. He didn't pick up on it immediately, but in a couple days he was able to it. She was so proud of him.

For today, A accompanied her, along with Keiju. Both men wanted to be there as he learned to become a good shinobi.They arrived at a spot completely bare and covered in stone, except for a lake. Sanyu was beaming with joy as he ran around the area. "This is so cool! My own private training area!"

The Raikage had granted her permission to take Sanyu to a more private place for his safety. They were still hiding from Madara, and she didn't need any kind of information getting out about Sanyu. She still needed to explain the situation to him but at the moment he didn't have a care in the world.

"Are you regretting letting him join the academy yet?" Keiju stood next to her, watching Sanyu as he ran around, admiring every single rock. Both of them couldn't help but laugh. "For now, no. He needed to learn to fight sooner or later, not that he needed any kind of push to do that."

A stood on her other side and gave her a piece of paper. "Moment of truth."

"Sanyu, come here. I want to show you something."

The little boy rushed over, excitement all over his face. She kneeled down and had him hold out his hand. "This is a special kind of paper. When it comes into contact with someone's chakra, it can tell you what that person's chakra affinity is."

His eyes were wide like saucers and sparkling with excitement, but they turned to confusion. "But we already know I use fire, so why do I need this paper as a test?"

He definitely didn't miss much. Yukari spoke to him, "You can use fire, but we don't know if that's what your chakra nature is. You picked up on it fairly well, but not fast enough. It's quite possible fire isn't your natural affinity. So, this is a test to see what it really is. Sound fair?"

Sanyu nodded as Yukari placed the paper in his hands. A mumbled. "Fifty it's fire."

Yukari glanced up at him, "One hundred it's water."

For a moment the paper did nothing. Then, the paper began to smoke. Yukari began to frown then smiled as the smoke fizzled out and the paper became damp with water. Sanyu beamed, "Whoa! That's so cool! What does that mean?"

A rubbed the back of his neck, "That means your affinity is for water."

Not missing a beat, Sanyu asked his next question, "If my chakra nature is meant for water, how was I able to use fire?"

Yukari looked up at A, unsure of what to say. First off, she hadn't told Sanyu yet about his heritage or their situation – she didn't think he was ready. Secondly, the possibility of him even being born with two affinities was absolutely unheard of, and the fact he was able to use the fire with water apparently being his dominant nature was incredible. Was this what happened when an Uchiha and Senju had a child? She had no idea. No one did.