26.

"The new year is going to bring nothing but new opportunities and many more blessings."
-the author
______________________________________

"-the author______________________________________

6 days later11 hours until New Year  1:53 PM

6 days later
11 hours until New Year 
1:53 PM

"Hazel you up?" My mom asked, as my eyes shot open. I had taken a nap because I had been running around since yesterday afternoon. I was tired and work was kicking my ass. My checks had been looking pretty good so I wasn't complaining too much. My mom decided she wanted to see family and wanted to hold a New Years party. My dad figured out that I knew about the giant hole in the wall and paid me not to tell. He gave me four bands and I've been quiet ever since.

I knew eventually it would eat me up but this hush money wouldn't hush me for long. "Yeah ma." I sighed sitting up. Yes, we were back home the house was completely investigated and even though they couldn't find anything the cocaine was completely cleaned out. The few my dad smuggled were gone too. All this happened in the span of five days. My uncle Troy was smart as hell and he made sure that my dad didn't get into even more trouble than he was already in. He called himself a "street nigga" and he basically was like a stray dog. Dad was on the run and my mom still knew nothing. I don't know how much longer this overtime at work would last. Mom wasn't dumb and she knew her husband like the back of her hand.

I pulled myself up rubbing my ass. I was so exhausted and these five hours of sleep wasn't enough. I checked my phone to see I had five messages from Harlow, two calls from an unknown number, and six messages from my cousin. I opened Harlow's first.

Lolo💕🤞🏾

i miss you man
when r u coming back?
hazeelllll wake up hoe!
i love you!
i'm so ready to see u!!

Titi 🌼✨

bitch it's been so long!
& i miss u bitch!💘
i can't wait to see u!
we are gonna cut up
you still talk to that cutie?
ima need for you 2 text back
hazellnutttttt