chapter two

Carmila was so annoying.

B/n could basically hear his ears ring as Carmila complained about the journey to get to her domain. He tried to help in all ways he possibly could to get her to shut up, but all her demands were simply impossible.

His chain of thought was suddenly disrupted when a certain forgemaster was dragged to the front. He locked eyes with Hector, his eyes practically begged for mercy. Seeing Hector wither always brought a smile to B/n's face, he couldn't wait for the rest of the humans to look just like that-

"And what is this?" A voice said. B/n turned around and finally took notice of the two additional vampires talking to Carmila. They seemed completely unphased by the falling snow and the cold air.

"Do your associates always speak this discourestly?" B/n asked with a sneer covering his face. Carmila froze, as much as she hated humans, she knew the alchemist she partnered with was not to be messed with, especially with the newly gained philosopher stone.

"Sisters, this one is special and essential to our plan. He's and alchemist," Carmila said.

"A real alchemist? How amazing, I've never seen one in person," The short redhead vampire exclaimed.

"And why would you want too? Alchemist are basically vampire killing machines," The tall dark headed vampire said and looked at B/n cautiously.

"Don't worry, I see no benefit in killing you," B/n said while crossing his arms, causing the dark headed vampire to deepen her look.

"Striga, let's not do this. Where is Morana, Lenore?"

"She awaits us inside. Come on" Lenore responded and proceeded to walk back to the castle. Everyone else followed eventually coming to what seemed to be a discussion chamber filled with wine bottles.

'So much blood,' B/n thought apathetically while watching Carmila complain once again to her other sister.

"And who is this?" Morana asked while looking at B/n.

"An alchemist Carmila has brought," Striga said while shrugging her shoulders.

"What can the alchemist do that makes him essential to your plans?" Lenore curiously asked Carmila.

B/n answered instead, "I can perform many task, but none of which can be performed in the open," He looked to Carmila who did a slight sneer in response. She raised her hand to summon one of her many guards.

"Give him an open room," Carmila said and continued to sip on the blood Morana gave her previously. "You don't care to hear the plan?"

"Not right now I don't. Whatever task you ask of, I will complete. It was the orignal deal," B/n said while waving his hand and following the guard.

He didn't care to hear a plan he would most likely never follow. Carmila had shown she was far two arrogant and overconfident on the journey to the way there. 'She'll only be useful as a temporary stepping stone' B/n thought while rubbing his hand together to warm them up.

'She probably thinks she's using and taking advantage of me,' B/n said, chucking out loud from the thought he just had.

Oh how wrong she was.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Well aren't you pretty?" You said while opening your hands to reveal a red butterfly.

"Is it alive?" Alucard said, peaking at your creation.

"No, you should know that isn't possible," You said while letting it fly. It only managed to fly for a few seconds before collapsing and crumbling away, "I guess that circle wasn't right either..."

"Then how do you create these things on your own? The basic laws of alchemy fail to explain how such occurrences are possible," Alucard said while sitting beside you and pulling out his sword to clean.

"Do you really want to know? It gets a little complicated," You said while turning around and showing your smirk to the dhampire.

He just smirked right back. You took that as a yes and started to explain, "Alchemy is based on equivalent exchange. In order for equivalent exchange to succeed, most things must have designated values. But what happens when you encounter a substance that has no designated value?" You said and Alucard just shrugged at your words.

"Life had no designated value, therefore it becomes a bit tricky when dealing with it in Alchemy. It's forbidden to transmute or play with life because of its lack of value. Though, there is a way to get around this, one can almost mimick life if they have the philosopher stone,"

"The stone is that powerful? And your brother that tried to kill you has it?" Alucard said and you nodded.

"The philosopher stone is created by sacrificing thousands of human lives. One can simply mimic life by using one of the lives used to create the philosopher stone. This artificial life is what has allowed homonculus' and other creations to almost live. While I don't have the philosopher stone with me, the fragments contained in my blood is enough for the creation I want."

"Your brother is probably using the stone in the same manner as we speak. It would be troublesome to deal with another war,"

"You talk as if the previous war with Dracula ended," You said while looking over to him. He silently sheathed his sword and decided to not say a response to that. You proceeded to talk, "the night creatures are still out there-"

"What are you suggesting? That the war is still going on from leaving?"

"You know that's not what I meant-"

"-And you know there's no possible way I could let you leave like that"

You both sat there in silence, staring at eachother in a heated battle. Finally you sighed, looked away,, and rubbed your head.. You knew Alucard was right,, why did you try to leave when you were injured? Leaving like that was basically suicide.

"This country is big" You sighed "I have no idea where he's gone or who he may have allied himself with. It would be dangerous to roam around blind," You said, referring to your brother.

"We could try the mirror again," Alucard said, referring to the mirror within the Belmont hold.

"He is probably still concealing his presence with magic. We need another way quickly, which is why I was trying out these butterflies. By using my blood as a catalyst, not only do I give them temporary life but we are connected through my blood. They can be my eyes and ears, maybe even communication."

"People also like the appearance of butterflies, they think it's a good omen," You said while quickly transmuting a butterfly through the open cut on your palm, "They won't pay them any mind and will accept  their presence. I'll be able to see every spot on this continent," You let the butterfly try to fly, only to have it crumble once again.

"Seems you thought this through," Alucard said while looking at you. You nodded as a response.

"I will hunt B/n down before he commits another genocide,"

(not me just realizing it's spelled carmilla instead of camilla after writing a whole book with that character. whatever I guess)

(made some of the alchemy stuff up so don't quote me on it)