It Was An Accident!

2 weeks later

Tristen's POV:

It had been such a fun day, I was grateful to be out of the basement and sleeping in an actual bed instead of a medical cot. Rouge and I had spent the day with Logan, Bobby was out for the day so we figured we would bug Logan. He's honestly really nice and gets straight to the point. Rouge and I had talked about our backstories, how she ended up here and how I did. She didn't judge me for what happened with my sister and I had learned to forgive myself, when I did that, I stopped having nightmares, the voices are still there but Jean and the professor taught me how to control them. Rouge hadn't found a way to control her abilities yet but we weren't going to give up until she learned.

Bobby and I have gotten really close too, we hang out just us a lot, he's super sweet and I really enjoy being around him. He always makes me laugh when I'm sad and has been one of my biggest supporters of learning how to control my mutation. He's been training with me and teaching me to push the force of my scream through the palms of my hands. If I could target my scream, it wouldn't be as dangerous for everyone around me. He was truly the best, I'd be lost without him.

John has been a part of the group again too which is fine, but I think Rouge has a thing for him. I can't figure out why though because he's obviously just a flirt, and she deserves way better, like Colossus. However, that's up to her to decide, maybe they could be good together.

Anyways, I was currently sitting on my bed in my pajamas, I was studying for a midterm tomorrow and was getting sleepy. I closed up my books and turned my lamp off, I looked over at Rouge and she was out cold. I smiled and laid down, falling asleep almost immediately.

Rouge's POV:

I shifted uncomfortably, something isn't right. I opened my eyes and looked around, I turned my lamp on and looked over at Tristen. She looked stressed, I walked over to her and glanced at the clock, 2:45, I noticed she was covered in sweat, her hands were clasped to her sheets, her face was scrunched up and tears were streaming down her cheeks. "Tristen, wake up," I whispered. She hasn't had a nightmare or night terror since she's been upstairs. "Tristen," I spoke louder.

She began shaking her head in her sleep. "Don't, please. Let them go," She mumbled.

"Tristen," I called again.

Her shaking became more evident, her voice grew louder and more powerful. "Let them go, I won't ask again. You need me! Don't make me hurt you."

I grew fearful that she was going to scream, "Tristen!" I yelled.

She began crying out, she was shaking violently and more tears streamed down her face. I didn't think about the consequences before grabbing ahold of Tristen's shoulder and shaking her. As soon as my hand touched her bare skin, her eyes shot open and she began gasping for air. My eyes met hers and there was no hint of fear or life, I stepped back and screamed. It was a powerful sound because of my mutation, I took her abilities and borrowed her scream. It didn't phase her though, she was still gasping for air and it almost looked like she was seizing. I started crying, "No, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to!" The door was pushed open to reveal a wide awake Bobby and John. "I didn't mean to!" I screamed.

The pair of them winced at the loud voice from the banshee. Bobby ran over to Tristen and wrapped his arms around her, John grabbed a blanket off my bed and wrapped it around me, he held onto me and was attempting to calm me down, but nothing could. I might have just killed my best friend. "What happened?" Bobby questioned as he was attempting to keep Tristen still.

"She was having a nightmare, I couldn't wake her, I-I was scared she was going to scream. I didn't think about the consequences!"

He didn't respond, I heard voices at the door, and in came Charles, Jean, and Logan.

"What's happened here?" Jean asked and rushed over to Bobby and Tristen.

Logan looked at me and set his hands on my covered shoulders. "Rouge? What happened?"

"I-I can't stay here." I walked away from Logan and John and towards the hallway. All of the surrounding students moved out of the way, I walked outside swiftly and sat on a bench, I took a few deep breaths before looking up. I was crying, I couldn't believe that I did that to Tristen, I might have killed her.

~~~

I found my way down to the med lab, I didn't sleep at all last night, how could I? I walked into the lab and saw Tristen laying on a medical table. I walked over to her and looked at my hands, I looked down at her and her eyes were starting to open. I sighed in relief, she's okay.

"Rouge?" She whispered.

"Are you okay? I'm so sorry-"

"No, it's alright, I know you didn't mean to hurt me, I could sense it."

"Are you going to be alright?"

"Yeah, besides being a little tired, I'm perfectly fine."

"That's good, can I get you anything?"

She shook her head, "No thank you," Tristen sat up and stretched.

Jean walked into the room and smiled faintly at the both of us, "How're you feeling?"

"Good, just tired,"

"Alright, now I wouldn't recommend making this a daily thing, but you seem to be fine, so go ahead and head back upstairs."

"Thank you," Tristen said and stood up, I pulled on my gloves and let her hold onto my arm for stability.

We wandered upstairs and I continued to apologize for what happened the night before but Tris reassured me that it wasn't my fault and that she wasn't upset.

On the way to our dorm, Bobby found us. "Tristen, Rouge, are you both alright?"

"Yeah, we're great," Tristen and I said in sync.

Bobby hugged Tristen making me smile, I knew how he felt about her and how much he adored her. It was cute, Bobby's face only showed concern and admiration. He was so in love with Tris, it was so obvious to me and I think he noticed it when we locked eyes because he gave me the look of, don't say anything. To which I wouldn't, at least not yet. They'd be so cute together, what I do with this information will be revealed soon enough.