One: Sirens

**mentions of rape, blood, murder, violence**

How is this gonna work?

You gazed up at the building where your next victim lay, peacefully sleeping. Sure, you'd scaled buildings before, but this ... this was something entirely new. Something you weren't sure you wanted to undertake.

"Sixteen stories is a lot," you mumbled aloud, eyes locking on the window of your victim. The light was on, but then again, most of them were. It was only 10:30, after all. People were either getting ready for bed, sound asleep, or up til midnight. Not that the others mattered to you.

Only that one.

Floor sixteen, room 48. That was where Tip Bicker lived, the man that had raped four girls but had gotten away unscathed. He was your target, and he was a good one.

You sighed and started pacing. You'd made your way up a rusted fire escape to sit on the roof of a small three-story building to get a better view of where your target lay. Nobody chose your targets for you; that was all you. Everything you did was your own choice; if the police found out, if they found you, you'd be dead.

Slaughtered. Hung. Shot.

Firing squad wouldn't be a bad way to go down. At least I can have my head held high until the end.

But sixteen stories? You had never been one to call yourself a psychopath, a nutjob, but now you were starting to wonder.

It's nothing, you'll figure it out. You've got to.

A flickering light caught your eye, then a sound. You sucked in a breath and donned your mask - a pretty little white thing with golden swirls and lace edges, big enough to cover your eyes, nose and forehead but nothing else - before dropping down, low to the ground.

The sirens, definitely police sirens, squealed along with tires as the armada of cars - at least 6 - turned the corner sharply. There was only one place they could be heading, and you did not care to find out why.

"Nothing but trouble happens there," you muttered, tugging the hood of your cloak over your head. You gripped your scythe in your dominant hand before making your way to the fire escape. "Glad I got out."

thanks for reading!! this is just a short little introduction to the reader. hope you guys stick around for the rest of the story!! love you all tons