Four: Searching

**mentions of hacking, I have NO IDEA how to hack anything, so please don't judge me**

After managing to jump from the police and miraculously finding his family not far from where he landed, Five sat down to think. And breathe. He was exhausted.

"Are you crazy?" Diego snapped at Allison; Five wasn't sure what they were arguing about. "We know nobody here! There's nobody we can trust!"

"We'll have to find somebody eventually!" Allison shot back. They were sitting in an abandoned garage of some abandoned factory, which was a pretty suspicious place to hide, but the only place they could find. "We have Sparrow Academy and the police on our tails now!"

"I met someone," Five said suddenly.

Everyone got quiet.

"Glad you're working on your social skills," Klaus began, ignoring Allison's warning look, "But we're kinda fugitives right now-"

"No, no, I met a girl. I think they were a girl, anyway." He shook himself, trying to block out his siblings' confused looks. "She ran from the police. As in bolted from them. She's just as scared of them as we are."

"So you befriended a murderer," Luther said conclusively. "Great job."

"No, no! I think ..." Five shook his head, suddenly overwhelmed. "I don't know. I don't know what's happening." He rested his face in his hands and stifled tears, the first tears to come to him in ages.

He was met by silence, during which his siblings were exchanging worried looks. Eventually, Diego said, "Look, I don't know what the hell fate's got in store for us, but so far nothing's been easy. We might as well get some rest here and figure things out in the morning when we're all more awake and less stressed."

Mumbles of agreement sounded from the family as they all tried to find a comfortable position. Soon enough, they were all asleep.

**********************

You weren't sleeping.

No, you had work to do.

As soon as your cloak had crossed the threshold of your house, the door closed and the blinds drawn, you made your way to the end of the hallway. There was a hook just inside your room, where you peeled off your cloak, replacing it with a hoodie, and the hung the mask beside it before dragging the bookcase at the end of the hallway aside.

You pulled the carpet up from where it met the wall, revealing standard wooden panels, panels that could very well be found under the carpet in any house. But you knew what these were hiding.

Digging your nails into the space between the panels, you pulled them out, one by one, until a trapdoor was revealed. From there, you opened the trapdoor to reveal a ladder, and down you went until you hit a wooden platform. You felt around until your fingers bumped a latch, and, opening the latch, you pulled out a lantern and turned the knob until it lit up.

Yes, it was quite the process, but nobody could find out what you did. Besides, part of you kinda liked the secrecy.

You trotted down the stairs until you came to a door, then used a key to unlock it. It swung open with a creak that would have intimidated anyone else, but you were used to it, so you stepped inside and flicked the lights on without a second thought.

Computers, old and new, scratched and polished, lined the walls. Two TVs, each with the screen split into fourths, monitored different parts of the town, while one computer monitored the apartment of Tip Bicker, your next victim. Others were off, for you mostly used them to hack into systems to gain information on who to go after next, which was exactly what you planned on doing now.

"Sparrow Academy ought to have some good information," you muttered, sliding into a seat and opening your favorite computer. "They're the ones that captured 'em, after all."

You went to the Academy's usual website, the public one, and quickly did the shortcut to the coding, where you made a quick edit and BAM you were behind the scenes of the website, and ready to access any information the Academy uploaded, which was a lot. What could you say, Ben was a techy guy.

You hummed the first song that came to mind, popping some gum in your mouth as you scrolled through the lines of coding and information until you reached a slot that read UMBRELLA IMPOSTERS.

"Huh," you said aloud, opening a drawer and pulling out a notepad, then some popcorn. "This oughta be interesting."

You clicked on it, and low and behold, an entire page, sectioned out neatly, appeared before you. Clicking your pen as you scanned the information, you jotted down notes on each and every one of the people before leaning back to examine the information you'd gathered.

"It wasn't Luther," you mumbled aloud to yourself, tapping the pen against the name scribbled on the paper. "That kid was scrawny and his hair was dark. And it clearly wasn't Allison or Vanya either," you added, scrolling through the notes a little more, writing down a couple more bits of information, "And the description doesn't match Klaus or Diego ... so it's Five." You laughed aloud to yourself. "What a weird name, Five. Although at some point, I guess all names are a little weird."

Five. That was the name of the kid you'd met. And if the information you'd gathered about him was true, he could prove to be a real asset to your job.

"Guess we've got some plans for tomorrow," you said aloud to yourself, closing your computer and grabbing your lantern before heading upstairs.