Part 22

ANSEL

The moment he shut the door, she turned to look at him. And smiled. 

Damon.

She'd be lying if she said she saw this coming. That this was Manon was talking about. But...he was here. Standing in front of her. 

She took a moment to take him in. The dark eyes, black hair with that streak of grey, his marking as a wolf. And that smile as he reached a hand out and tugged her closer.

She giggled. Giggled. 

"How long have you been here?" she whispered in his arms, idly tracing the lines of face. He closed his eyes, leaning into the touch. She missed him. Missed him more than she thought she could. Was it ironic or mere coincidence she had told Feyre about him a few days ago when she had asked?

They all had been getting ready to leave that morning when she came to give Ansel her satchel she had been looking for. She had thanked her, taking the bag from her which allowed Feyre to catch a glimpse of her wedding band.

When Ansel caught her staring, she simply smirked and nodded at Elide. "He's her cousin," was all she said.

Feyre blinked. "Really?" She nodded. "Is it safe to assume you two haven't seen each other in a while?"

Ansel snorted. "A while is an understatement." Then shrugged. "Its not like I'm the only one who hasn't seen their mate is a long time." 

"How do you do it then," she asked. "Stay away from them for so long?" 

She shrugged. "We have no choice at the moment."

Feyre must have seen something in her demeanor change because as they started walking, she went beside her and asked, "Tell me about..."

"Damon," she offered with a smile. 

Feyre smiled. "Damon then. Tell me about him."

Ansel sighed, looking down at her wedding band. It was grey, lined with silver on the sides. And on the middle were little drawings in black. Wolves. And Damon had tides. Waves. Something for the both of them. And the rings had been a surprise for the both of them. She smiled. "Outisde his job, he's a dork." Feyre laughed. She grinned. "I mean it. A dork."

Now, that very dork-her dork-was here. She wouldn't complain about it. Ever. She had contain her squeals of joy when he entered the room that morning. And of course he had noticed. 

"Does it matter right now," he murmurred, leaning down to kiss her neck. She smiled, closing her eyes. 

"Not really," she answered a second before the door banged open. Aelin She hissed as Damon turned his neck to look. "Fuck you," she growled.

Aelin smirked. "I think Damon wanted to do that." Damon inturn just chuckled. "Come on. Everyone is meeting up in Pearl's room."

"For what?" she asked, following her out of the room with Damon.

She shrugged, "Catch up. Seems like we all have stories to tell." She faltered slightly saying the words. Ansel knew why. Damon asked her, 

How bad? 

Horrible, she replied, squeezing his hand. He didn't ask further. But Aelin said, her voice low in the hallways, 

"So Damon," she grinned. "How have you been, Wolfie?" 

Damon chuckled, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "I am slightly better becuase I'm not suffering with Vanessa's presence that much now." Funny thing that he actually looked relieved. The girl did love to talk.