chapter 13- nothing but pain

(I would like to apologize before hand. I'm placing a TRIGGER WARNING on this chapter. There may be angst. But this will be a nightmare for your character. Worst fears if you could say)

(Y/N)'s POV

My eyes fluttered open, everything was black, not a single slither of light passed through. I looked around, expecting to see the pink haired male beside me. But there was nothing, just more void. Was I asleep? But I woke up. I slowly sat up. The darkness stretched as far as the eye could see. I was less scared I was surrounded by the darkness. More of the eerie feeling I felt. Something was watching me, I didn't feel safe. I stood up cautiously. My eyes flickering in every direction. All I could see was the void, almost as if it was staring back at me. I felt so unsafe, worried, paranoid.

I looked down at myself, my hands stained with the vibrant red liquid. It was covering the clothes I was wearing. I didn't recognize the clothes. A white shirt with a pixilated fire stitched into the fabric, dark blue jeans, some white and black sneakers. Blood was splattered on my clothes randomly, dark, dried. I spun around again, there was no body in sight, I didn't seem injured, nothing hurt. I wasn't in any form of pain. My breathing picked up, my heart rate accelerated. Everything was spinning, almost as if I was in a tornado. I fell to my knees, the cold floor... Splashing? I looked down to see inches of blood below me, the dark blue jeans now stained a deep red. My hands dripping with the substance.

I heard a voice, a voice I didn't recognize, calling out to me, my body froze I couldn't move. My body felt so heavy. I turned around ever so slowly, a hand was reaching out from the darkness, stained with blood. Whoever the voice belonged to repeating the same thing "he's coming" I rapidly backed up from the hand. It splashed into the blood, disappearing. Thoughts rushing through my head.

Who is he? Where is he? Why is he coming? What is he? I placed my hands to my ears, cupping them. It wouldn't save me from the questions in my head. But I couldn't answer them. Another hand seemed to grab my hand, I jumped out of my skin. I yanked my body away from the hand, I turned to see a body there. I recognize the pink hair, the ears, the bloodied clothing. His face looked up at me, seemingly paler then usually, his eyes sunken in as if he hadn't slept in ages. His arm was cut up, with deeper cuts riddling his body. He started to crawl towards me.

I backed up as he moved, he was deathly injured. My eyes widened, as he reached out to me. I wanted to encase him, hold him, hear his voice. That's all I wanted. Out of whatever this is. It scared me. I felt like a prisoner. I watched him as his body went limp, I watched as he sunk into the ground. I wanted out, I didn't like this, I hated it. I curled up into a ball, there was no corner for me to hide in, there was nothing to help me.

I closed my eyes, resting my forehead on my knees. I cupped my hands over my ears. Rocking slightly, trying to calm down. This was a dream right? It had to be. If I'm aware this is a dream it stops. Right?

My eyes snapped open as I heard a smaller voice, singing, quietly. I looked around trying to pinpoint the voice, it would be best to avoid it. There was still nothing but black, void of colour, shadows playing tricks. Why can't I wake up?

The voice got louder, more understandable, more concerning. I child like voice sung to me, it surrounded me. "Close your eyes, shut your mouth" I heard from my left, I spun around "Dream a dream and get us out" From my right, I was panicking.
"Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream, dream" I froze. It was so loud, right behind me. I didn't want to turn around. Curiosity ate me up, I gulped loudly. I was unsure if nothing being there was more terrifying then something being there.

I clenched my fist, sucking in a breath. I spun around, I backed up, a giant smiling face was etched into what wasn't a wall before. It was dripping from the wall, blood came from the mouth, the eyes.

"Dream, dream, dream, dream, dream... Dream" I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I shot up from the bed, my eyes scanning the room. I couldn't breath normally, I couldn't calm down. I recognize the room instantly. Techno's house. The male besides me groggily sat up, rubbing his eyes. As he looked at me, he was more alert, waking him up fully "are you ok?!" He placed his hands on my shoulders, causing me to flinch at his touch, his eyes soften as he pulled me into a tight embrace. He rubbed my back in circles, whispering gentle words into my ear "shhh it's ok, I'm here.. You're safe"

My breath slowly returned to a more manageable consistency. "It was only a nightmare, do you want to talk about it? " I rapidly shook my head, not wanting to relive that. Whatever it was, I never wanted to go back.

Who was Dream, why is he coming, where is he...

Techno stayed up with me for the rest of the night, despite my constant recommendations to sleep, I didn't want to go back to sleep. Terrified I'd slip back Into that nightmare. More like hellspace. I held onto Techno tightly, as he played with my hair and kissing my head every so often. It was still quite dark outside. It was late. I just hid within the arms of a killer. Would he be scared if I told him?

Would something terrible happen when he comes... I'm too scared to know.

(1018 words of hell, this was fun for me to write as I use to write horror stories. I apologize again for this. I hope you can forgive me. I hope you enjoyed, well probably not but still.

Much love,
Sam❤)