Seeking Answers

Harry breathed out a shaky breath. It's been a long day, a very long day indeed. He switched his attention to Yurgus (who had just entered the room).

"Thank you" he said. "Thank you so much, I wouldn't be feeling this free if it weren't for you" He smiled at the goblin who's eyes softened at his gratitude.

"Here," he pulled out a check he had hastily filled out before Yurgus came in, "500,000 galleons. Straight from my vault."

The goblin's beady eyes widened at the sheer amount of money, or maybe it was the fact that he was giving anything in return, Harry wasn't sure.  Nevertheless, Harry saw the goblin's eyes twinkle in what could only be described as delight.

He grabbed the check and smiled a sharp-toothed smile. "Thank you Mr. Riddle, you are most gracious." Harry smiled.

"Was there anything else of importance to discuss, sir? Or is this all, I believe I might need to get my wand checked." Harry asked.

"No, no, that was all, the old crone couldn't slither his way into your vaults, so you're fine there. Have a good day Mr. Riddle" Yurgus replied.

"May your gold always flow" Harry said in farewell.

Yurgus, looking quite surprised, "And may your enemies fall at your feet."

————————

As Harry made his way down Diagonal Alley, he couldn't help but wonder about his parents. Would they accept him? Would they hate him? Are they truly on the right side of this war?

Harry wasn't sure, but one thing was certain, he's going to find out, no matter what. His family has always been his biggest mystery, it's finally time to unravel the knotted bundle and finally get something of a sensible result. But how is he going to find out? He obviously can't ask Dumbledore, that man is too conniving to trust. In fact, the only people he can trust are Ron and Herm- Ron and Hermione! Of course! The two of them had been very reluctant to trust Dumbledore if the past few letters are anything to go by.

His mind made up, he trudged on down the street, whistling a cheerful tune. His lips pulled up in an anticipating grin, he might finally greet the answers he'd always dreamed of finding. He ducked into Flourish and Blotts and walked up to the counter. Madam Villanelle was sitting there with a large book open, reading like there was no tomorrow. As soon as he made it to the counter though, she pulled her eyes away from the book (with apparent difficulty) and smiled politely.

"What is it that you need, dear?" She asked patiently.

" I'm sorry to disturb you Madam, but I was wondering if I could use some floo powder..." He trailed off awkwardly.

"Why off course," a drawer to her left opened and she pulled out a bowl of powder, "Here you are, and the fireplace is that way." She said, pointing to her right as she bent her head over the book once more.

"Thank you." He muttered as he strode towards the aforementioned fireplace and grabbed a handful of the ash.

Stepping in, he threw the ash and announced, "Number 4, Private Drive." Harry's world was spinning with green and then suddenly, it stopped. He tumbled out of the fireplace, coughs seizing him for a minute. He looked up, brushing the ash off his face.

"P-P-P-Potter?" Vernon stuttered uncertainly.

"Vernon." Harry acknowledged, although he wanted ignore him. "I'm leaving," he announced "I'm only here to gather my belongings."

Vernon spluttered, he pointed his pointer finger in a reprimanding manner. "Now you stop right there, boy! You're not going anywhere unless Vernon says so!"

Petunia nodded along with him, pausing briefly to reprimand him for his random bought of third- person speech. Harry lifted an inky black brow, "Oh?"

"So, I suppose you're going to stop me now?" He asked, slightly amused at the foolishness.

"Damn right we will, boy!" Vernon sneered.

Harry snorted and saluted them as he threw the floo powder he'd saved and disappeared to Hermione's house. The last thing he saw before the world swirled with green was his aunt and uncle's expressions of fear and pure terror and he couldn't help giggling just a bit at their rather stupid looks as he disappeared. He was definitely going to remember those faces and tell his friends all about it, but that could wait for later — he had more important things to worry about right now.

***
Hermione's POV

When Harry rolled unceremoniously out of the fireplace, Hermione was perched on the couch in front of the fireplace with "Hogwarts: A History" (again) and a cooling cup of hot chocolate on the nearby table. Hermione gave a start at the intruder that she knew was Harry upon further inspection (No one else had a purple stain on their right sneaker like Harry did and no one else was that terrible with the floo, she didn't bother to sugar coat this when Harry asked how she'd known later.)

"You'd think after almost four years, you'd be used to the floo by now, seriously Harry, you've been using it since second year!" Hermione giggled.

Harry pouted at her rather petulantly, "It's not my fault the whole entire floo system decided it has a vendetta against me! It's not like I did anything to it!"

Hermione pursed her lips, trying not to let her amusement show — although, she suspects she failed judging by the even more exaggerated pout on her best friend's lips. Harry was always rather childish around his friends, she sometimes wondered how one person could be so different with so many people. It's rare that he shows large amounts of emotion to one person. In fact, the only person other than herself and Ron who can get a real rise of emotion out of him is Malfoy, funnily enough.

Harry broke her out of her musings asking, "What're you up to?"

"Well, I was reading "Hogwarts: A History" before you came crashing through my fireplace, and yes, Harry, again." Hermione stated dryly as Harry shrugged his shoulders guiltily.

Smiling to herself at the sooty boy in front of her, "What brings you here, Harry?"

Harry fixed her with a serious look which looked rather strange on such a sooty face, "We need to talk..."

—————————-

Finally! An update after so long! Although, I might be updating late from now onwards, but I'm not giving up and I am definitely going to keep writing! Hope you've all had a lovely time so far and thanks for reading!

Word Count - 1059