day 15 & 16

DAY FIFTEEN

Black Mountains, Arizona

Louis wakes up sweaty and sticky with Harry's body on top of him and all the covers piled over them. He tries to wiggle his way out but Harry pulls him in tighter like a koala. Louis isn't even sure he's realized he's doing it.

"Get off me," he says as nicely as possible as he continues to wiggle away.

"What?" Harry asks without moving or opening his eyes. He adjusts over Louis's bladder and the situation intensifies by three.

"Off, babe," Louis says. "I'll pee on you."

"What?" Harry repeats louder, this time opening his eyes and focusing right to Louis. "What?"

"Just get off," Louis says again.

Unfortunately, as Harry starts to move is when Louis gets desperate and pushes Harry with two hands. The result is Harry flying off the side of the bed, landing with a dull thud.

"Oh, fuck," Louis whispers and then he scrambles off the edge of the bed and on top of Harry. "Are you okay?" He asks, feeling over Harry's chest and running his hand over the back of Harry's head to make sure he didn't hit the side table when he fell. He stops when he sees Harry smiling.

"I'm fine, babe," he says. "A bit shocked you'd throw me off the bed, to be honest."

"I didn't," Louis says quickly. He kisses Harry's lips as if to reinforce the idea. "I promise that wasn't on purpose."

Harry purses his lips. "Kiss me again, then."

Louis rolls his eyes but indulges Harry anyway, kissing him again, slow and deep, the way Harry should be kissed each morning.

"I thought you had to pee," Harry says when he pulls back, his hands falling to Louis's thighs and fingering the hem of his boxers.

"I do," Louis says. "You made me forget."

Harry nods, "You should go take care of that now."

Louis laughs, snuffling through his nose. "You don't like water sports?"

Harry grimaces, "Please get off me," he says. "Go take care of your bathroom duties alone."

"Duties," Louis laughs to himself as he gets up. By ways of mornings, this one is much better than the one before.

*

They eat cold pizza for breakfast at the kitchen table and Louis tries to convince Harry to go swimming one more time.

"Look where we're going, though," Harry says, flipping his phone around so Louis can see. "Lake Havasu."

"Isn't that where people go on Spring Break?" Louis asks, laughing. The water is teal and only a shade different than the sky, the drinks multi colored and the sandy beaches white. It looks like Jamaica in the middle of Arizona.

"Yes," Harry says, "And it's a lot better than swimming in an ordinary lake."

"You haven't even been," Louis says handing back the phone. "How do I know that's true?"

Harry shrugs. "I guess you'll have to trust me?"

Louis smiles so wide his cheeks pinch. "I can do that."

*

"I'm tired of being the car."

Louis pauses with his hand on the key in the ignition. "H, we've been in the car for five minutes."