End Notes

I'm here to write this End Notes long after the one-shot was published but I decided to talk, and maybe explain, some more about this short story.

I do think sometimes explaining a story might render it less fascinating, hence you can totally skip this if you think so too. Sometimes reading a story, or watching a movie, that are just a whole big question mark is what makes them interesting.

Oki, this said, let's have a look on what goes on in my mind, so get ready for the rumbling ahead.

This one-shot was born because I wanted to exercise my writing. I wasn't sure whether to have it as it is, or part of a bigger story. The idea of writing about two people that had broken up came from what will be happening in the Newness series (a longer story I'm writing). Eventually, after better thinking on the plot, I decided to go with something else in that series. Thus 3 years is only a one-shot.

A few people asked me if there will be something else after this or why they broke up. I honestly didn't really think well about it but here's the original idea:

Taehyung is V, the idol, from BTS.
He and the female character were together but broke up because of a misunderstanding.
Rumores spread that he had a girlfriend but his Company didn't want the news being of him with a 'common' girl. The Company created this fling/relationship between V and a female idol. They had to be seen together, act like they were a couple, which started to cause trouble in Taehyung's relationship with his true girlfriend.
Taehyung tried to reassure her every time but it was hard for her to be living in the dark and having to watch her boyfriend be with another girl. At times Taehyung also lied (small lies in his eyes), thinking his girlfriend didn't have to know about every little detail because of how sad she'd be; and for nothing, he'd say, because everything was an act.
At one point the female lead received some photos of Taehyung and the fake girlfriend kissing, which was the last straw for her. (Note: the photos were either an edit or true, but Taehyung was forced to act this way to make the whole relationship appear credible).
She broke up with Taehyung without letting him a chance to say anything because of the other lies he had said.
She disappeared and Taehyung was left broken.

And then 3 years happens.

Both are heartbroken but still love each other. They never really confronted each other or had closure.

At the end of this one-shot Taehyung realizes he's still in love with her and wants her again, but she's scared of being hurt like before. That's why she says she's sorry, because this one night she used him. She's too afraid of admitting she loves him and the consequences.

I hope this explains some of the questions around the story. And in all honesty I like this one-shot as it is, I won't write more around it.

Thank you for reading, dears. I wish you a splendid day/night.

🍬