A Gift from Dad

Storm POV

When I saw the sea, I was furious. One of the only things that gave me comfort was ruined. Steeping into the water wasn't the best idea, but it wasn't conscious either. It was definitely impulsive. I couldn't stand something I cared about being so damaged. And when the water turned blue again? I was surprised no one called me out as a child of Poseidon.

As I left, I wondered if I had broken my oath. My gods, not even one day, and I already caused trouble. Chaos hadn't given me permission, and my little act was a shout out to my father. I could only imagine what he looked like. And another thing; he didn't know my brothers were alive. Did they even want to meet Poseidon?

A small chuckle behind me interrupted my concerns. Chaos was leaning against a tree, with an eyebrow raised. I knew he knew about my stunt.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think," I apologized. "I know my father suspects, and I practically yelled it to the whole world." I looked him straight in the eyes, hoping he could see my guilt.

"If I really didn't want you to show yourself, you wouldn't have been allowed to touch the water." He pauses, seeming unsure. "I have been the best replacement father I can be, but it will never compare to being your real father. I give you permission to tell him who you are. And your brothers. Gods know that they deserve it." Chaos said. He looked kind of sad. I had thought of Chaos as one of my father figures but didn't know he felt the same. For a primordial, he was involved in his people's lives more than the gods would ever be involved with their kids. He even knew all of his soldier's names and most of theirs families too. He also walked around the villages just to see how everybody was doing.

Knowing that he was letting me talk to my father even though he personally didn't want me to was a big deal. It showed that he cared.

"Thank you, Chaos. I'm sure my brothers will appreciate it," I replied, a small smile appearing on my face. I stepped forward and pulled him into a hug. He gripped me tightly like I was going to disappear. "You're still my father, even if it's not by blood. I have a lot of not blood-related fathers, it seems. Chiron, Paul, and now you. No one can take that away."

He pulled back." That's why you're my favorite. Now go. There's work to be done and books to go through." He whirled around and vanished. I sighed as I was left alone. Slowly making my way to the others, I thought about the times with my brothers.

After I had brought them to Chaos, I taught them English. It was long and tedious since they were as ADHD as I was. But it was worth it. They began to become more spirited, and they had years of jokes stored up inside. I also trained them with many weapons and their godly abilities. The walls they had built around themselves crumbled, and we had two new members on our team.

The two of them helped in taking my mind off Annabeth when I got really down. One time, I stole a ship and was going to visit her, when Chaos caught me. Pitching a fit, my brothers had to hold me back from attacking the king of the universe.

On my bad days, Parker and Peyton usually dragged me on vacations to other planets to distract me from my memories. I had tons of pictures of her and my other friends. One of the worst feelings was when I thought about my family. My mom had just gotten me back, and I had a little sister who would never get to know her older brother.

"Yo, fish boy! Your wife wants you for a meeting," a voice said, startling me out of my thoughts. Silena appeared in front of me and waved her hands through the air. "You good? Do you need a minute?" She asked.

I shook my head. "I'm coming," I grumbled. Touching her shoulder, I thought of the interior of the cabin. The world tilted on its side as we landed in the kitchen. Voices could be heard from the dining room. Specifically, Leo's and Parker's voices. We made our way to the war room. We never actually used it to eat in. The camp counselors were gathered around the table, and my soldiers were in their respectable chairs. Snacks were scattered around the table, and a holographic Earth floated above the table.