Chapter 3

"Moon, Moon. Moon, wake up." Hunter shakes me awake with a paw.

"Whaaaaaaat," I groan.

"We've got to build to escape routes!" He hisses.

"Nope."

"Yes."

"No."

"Moon."

"Fine...." I get up and stretch, yawning. Hunter heads into the exhibit(He was sleeping under the door to keep it open) and I follow.

My domain smells different. It smells like dirt, which means that Hunter has started digging already.

Hunter hops down a hole that looks paw-made. I join him, dropping down gracefully like a swan.

Out of nowhere, pain laces its way throughout my body, starting at my neck and running all the way to the tip of my tail. I drop to the ground, head spinning and burning in my chest growing. It takes me a second to realize that I'm not breathing, and another after that to remember how to breathe.

"Moon? Are you okay?" Hunter asks, crouching beside me.

The real answer would be 'No, I'm not okay,' but I'm not going to tell him that only him for a day and a half!

So I go with a simple, "Yeah, I'm okay," and give a weak smile. I don't think he buys my act.

I struggle to my paws while Hunter starts digging. I join him. It seems like forever before the sun starts to rise. Hunter stops digging and I do too.

"Almost day," he meows. "We should head back to the chamber."

Finally! My paws ache and there's dirt stuck in between my claws, but I don't care. All I want to do is curl up for a nice, long nap.

Thank you, Icecube_Koi , for reminding me that this even existed.