Drink this

"Simple. Drink this."

I was about to get the glass of alcohol just to make this done when..

"Hey! That's mine!"

Someone grabbed it from my hand and gulped it..

HOLD UP!!

Kit?!

WHY IS HE EVEN HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

"KIT!"

Phadbok came running, took the glass from his hand, and threw it away with a loud shutter sound..

"W-What's happening?"

"Why did you drink it?!"

Phad was clenching his jaw.

"It's fine.."

"Are you two ignoring me? I'm not fine and confuse here."

Kit slowly wiped his lips and groaned while my friend was fuming..

"Mark.. can you be careful next time?!"

Phadbok scolded..

"What? What did I do?"

"Phad.."

We both turned to Kit.. He seemed fidgeting. So unusual to his plain, poker and demure demeanor..

"Phad, take me home."

He's suddenly sweating and flushing..

"Hey, are you okay?"

I pulled him and checked his temperature.. I don't know, I just did it..

"Mark.. We have to go first.."

He then leaned and whispered with heavy breathings..

"Don't take offered drinks, no matter what.."

"What? What do you mean? What's wrong?"

Phadbok took him by the shoulders and I saw how Kit clinged his hand to his waist..

"Wait.."

"What?"

"Phadbok, can I.. Can I take him instead?"

My mouth running on its own.

"I don't think you should."

"Really.. Whatever. Can you promise then to tell me everything after this?"

"I'll see you tomorrow."

Tomorrow, huh..

They then silently left.. I looked at the crowd, that woman was no longer around..

Shit.. I feel shit..

I wonder..

I know I'm upset.. but I don't know why..

Is it because I'm confuse why Kit took the glass and Phadbok seemed to know something? Is it because Kit called Phadbok instead of me? Is it because I don't even know if I should touch Kit but there's my friend who freely embraced him and whom he scooted?

"Mark? Are you alright?"

"O-Ohh.. Nate.. I.. really don't know what's happening.."

I walked and sat to a stool on the bartender counter.

"I don't have any idea either.."

This conversation was not helping my temper.

"Okay.. Why not have a great time with us instead?"

"That sounds great.."

Great? Phadbok taking Kit.. That's great? I doubt..

"You seemed not in the mood.. Let's make that mood, more in..tense."

She then slid another glass of liquor.

"Don't take offered drinks, no matter what.."

Kit's breath ran to my senses as I remembered his words..

"You know Nate.. I think.. The party isn't as fun as I expected."

I observed around and signalled to the bartender..

"I need wheat beer.."

He nodded and turned since the beer tap was just right behind him. I made sure to keep an eye on my drink.

"What do you mean? This is one of the exclusive parties in the university.. only for the privilege.."

She seductively giggled..

"Why are you here?"

"Because like you, I'm an elite.."

"I mean.. Why are you here with me.. If it's fun, you should be along with everyone enjoying the night.."

She laughed..

"Yeah.. Yeah.. I'm just trying to test if you will listen to that little blond.. No need to glare at me."

"Kit?"

"He told you not to take any drinks, right? I just wanna know if you're an adorable puppy listening properly to its owner."

"I'm not a puppy, and he's not my owner.."

She stood up, fixed her dress, and patted my head.

"This event won't be exclusive without its highlight.. You're saved tonight.. I hope your little blond babe is fine."

"What do you mean?"

"They lost their targets tonight.. I'm pretty sure, they will be more eager to make things wild. So once you're done with the drink my junior, go home and have a good sleep. Byeee~"

The next day..

Everything was hectic.

A student's sex scandal was spread to all social media platforms and our University Official Website was hacked.. Even our broadcasting room was attacked allowing his video to be shown all over the cafeteria monitors.

His pictures and information were also printed and posted everywhere..

I don't know how it happen.. who he is.. or who did it.. I just know, the last time I saw him, he was sitting beside me silently in the bartender counter..

Kit was absent. Phadbok as well.